Fishing the Barron River in late- September early October

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Mike Lennox
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Fishing the Barron River in late- September early October

Post by Mike Lennox »

Hey all, just got back from the first day of school :( (half day) Well, I do have some good news though, We're going on a 3-day canoe trip to the barron(sp?) river in Algonquin Park probably in late september or early october. I was just wondering what type of fish there are in this river. I know it is very deep in the canyon section, but hopefully there's some fishable water upstream.

I got into the same class as uglystick9, so we're definitely gonna be troll with my flyrod, and he's going to use his loyal uglystick.

thanks a lot,

mike
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

there's smallies in there yung. No trout. There's the odd muskie and walleye in there too. :) Slushy and I fished the canyon a few years back and did well on the smallies.
radar
Participant
Participant

Post by radar »

I've got the Algonquin Fishing Guide and it only lists smallmouth bass. Anything else is bonus. Let us know how the trip goes. I'm planning a trip next spring in Algonquin. Not sure where yet.
Mike Lennox
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike Lennox »

Thanks alot for the replies. I will get back to both of on how we made out.
bananaboat
Participant
Participant

Post by bananaboat »

I did the trip up the canyon a few years back in late September. Smallmouth were concentrated where creeks flowed in and beneath the drip lines in the canyon.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

yff,

have a great time; I think you're going to get into some gorgeous scenery, regardless of the fishing. That's awesome that you're going to have Uglystick in on the adventure with you. Take some pics, if you can.

How was the trip abroad, anyway? Did I miss your report? Hope you had a lot of fun.

Get good grades this year! :wink:

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.