All this hardwater talk...Question on Temagami Bungalows

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
ynot
Participant
Participant

All this hardwater talk...Question on Temagami Bungalows

Post by ynot »

Hey everyone,

This year I would like to go to Temagami or surrounding area for a weekend of fishing with the guys. Last year we went to Nipissing on-ice bungalows and had a great time.

Does anyone have experience with any of the operators on Temagami or surrounding lakes?

I did a search through thr boards archives but no real information on reputable operators. I can find some info by 'googling' but I was hoping for some peoples experiences.

I would like to do the on-ice bungalows so we could fish at night for Ling and Pickerel, but not sure if they are available or not. We would also be open to the Motel/day hut route as well.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Cheers,
Tony
Pickerel Paul
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Pickerel Paul »

Here ya go:

Ket-Chun-Eny Lodge
Island 336
Group box 7
Temagami Ontario P0H 2H0
1-705-237-8952
www.ketchunenylodge.com

Lake Herridge Lodge
R.R. #1
Temagami, Ontario P0H 2H0
1-800-838-0891
www.lakeherridgelodge.com

Loon Lodge
Group Box 10
Temagami ON, P0H 2H0
1-705-237-8918
Where the sky meets paradise…Loon Lodge is the perfect way to enjoy the experience of Lake Temagami and Loon Magic. We are open all year long, offering all our special guests accommodations that are modern and clean with cozy rooms, a lounge with satellite TV and even a hot tub to totally relax and take in the Loon Lodge experience.
ontariosnearnorth.on.ca/loonlodge.php

Northland Paradise Lodge
51 Stevens Road
P.O. Box 472
705-569-3791
ontariosnearnorth.on.ca/northlandparadise.php

Papa John's Place
Escape with us to the beautiful, gentle sloping shores of Lake Herridge. Our camp is the centre of the finest fishing available in the Near North where Pickerel (Walleye), Lake Trout, Small Mouth Bass, Whitefish and the ever-hungry Northern Pike are found. We offer to everyone a back lake trip that will thrill the true fisherman, nature lover, bird watcher and the adventurous. Boats and motors, canoes and paddleboats are all available for rent.

Our clean housekeeping cottages come fully equipped. At water's edge you will find large shady campsites. The summer at Papa John's Place brings the sunshine and the enjoyment of fishing, swimming, the diving dock with slide, sun tanning on the sandy beach or just relaxing on the beaches placed along the lakeside to enjoy the scenery or just read a book.

R.R. #1
Temagami, ON
P0H 2H0
Tel: (705) 569-3800
ontariosnearnorth.on.ca/papajohnsplace.php

Placid Bay Lodge
R.R. #1
Temagami, ON
P0H 2H0
705-569-3706

Ravenscroft Lodge
19 Jumping Caribou Rd
Temagami Ontario P0H 2H0
1-705-569-3865

Silverwater Lodge
Group Box 16
705-237-8920
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

My father fishes catchenany lodge every year in the summer and never has a bad thing to say...Winter never been.
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
ynot
Participant
Participant

Post by ynot »

Thanks Paul,

Have you had any experience with the ice-fishing at any of the places you listed?

I always prefer 'word-of-mouth' recommendations from people that have been to a given spot.

If not, no worries.

Thanks,
Tony
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

not done tamagami before/yet but here's a couple more links that may help

www.onlink.net/~icefish

www.tamarvacations.com

hope it helps a little more

that said i'm not going to hijack your thread, but you sure sparked my curiousity :wink:
OFAH Zone F 1st Vice Chair