New Ice Fishing Board

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.

Should an Ice Fishing Board be Created?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:08 pm

No
57%
Yes
43%

Total votes: 28

Mr. T.
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

New Ice Fishing Board

Post by Mr. T. »

As requested, a poll to see if there is enough interest to create an Ice Fishing board :?:

I hope I did this right :)
jig head
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by jig head »

I voted no simpley because the fishing talk board is usually based on the type of fishing for that season. Now that ice fishing is here, about 90% of the posts will be about ice fishing, and when softwater comes :D , then it will most likey be soft water topics.

Anthony
matcole
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by matcole »

I have to agree with Anthony, come spring everyone will be back talking about open water.
Denis
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

DITTO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a couple of months starting in September, there is a lot of icefishing posts and the ice is 2 months away, but that is okay with me. If i could make an 8" hole in the bottom of my boat and fish thru it I'd be in heaven.

Dan aka WB
Duck Gunner
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

ice fishing board...

Post by Duck Gunner »

Hello All...

Yes I think a separate ice fishing board would be a great idea. :idea: :idea: :idea:
What's the difficulty if we have ice fishing on its own board???
We have a Hawkey Talk section that is lightly used.
So why not an ice fishing section :?: :?: :?:
That way, the soft water guys can lament in their normal area about the ice and snow. And the icemen can revel and brag and talk loudly in theirs.
Those of us who mainly ice fish would have our little place to go where we don't have the look at pictures of fish snagged by anglers dragging sharp hooks back and forth across a body of water. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That was a joke please lord nobody take offence at it...

Just a thought,

DG. 8)
Mr. T.
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mr. T. »

I agree with all of you that the posts are based on the season but seeing how there is a separate board for float and fly fishing, I thought it would make sense.

I'm new to the fishing world so I'm not sure but do you float and fly fish in the winter also?