GUYS WE NEED TO PM HURTFUL COMMENTS

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

GUYS WE NEED TO PM HURTFUL COMMENTS

Post by almontefisher »

Come on guys I know we all get a bit upset every now and then and people do deserve it sometimes but come on guys...This is not a soap opera site..." As the fish turns" " General Fishing" "Guiding guides" etc. is not the name of the site. I am not directing this to one person but everyone... If you have a beef PM them instead of openly embarrasing someone or slandering their person. This is happening way to much and is becoming out of control. We have the PM buttons for a reason so please use them. I dont care if someone pee peed someone else off or if they went and did something unlawful. We are adults...most of us and should deal with these situations like the adults we are. Now if you are offended by my post PM ME PLEASE.
Coyote
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Coyote »

I agree with you almontefisher, it's for that reason that i don't post like i use to, I love to fish and have learned alot since signing on with fish-hawk and as well made some friends. Just writing this I'm wondering if I'm going to tick some one off, we all learn by our mistakes and we've all made some at one time or another. Sometimes i wonder if being a part of a fishing board is worth it, i enjoy fishing and i don't want to hear all the bs that sometimes goes on and as well there are younger ones that also read our comments . On that note can't we all just get along,tight lines
Viper
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Viper »

For what it is worth, I agree with Almontefisher and Coyote.

What everyone who participates on this board has to realize is that that no matter how many flowers you put in your prose, there is a good chance that someone will be offended or mis-interpret what you say.

FH.net is a great place for the exchange of ideas and experiences. And yes there have been a few :twisted: heated discussions but what family does not have those. :D Overall the members keep things under control with the occasional reminder from Board Admin to cool it.

and if you need to to take exception to the what I have written Please PM me :D :D :D
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

I just want people to come here and read ''fishing related stuff''.

and whant TO COME BACK....i saw a lot off people that are not here anymore because off ''bad tread''. and this is sad.

could we just please GO back to positive fishing stuff.

fishing is supose to be FUN/REALAXING/ and something we enjoy doing.

what is fun about reading any kind off bad tread or good one going bad...and see tons off coment about people etc.,,we dont need this.

just lets keep it civilise.(we are all capable off this)

I wish you all a great 2007 fishing season and can t wait to see all your reports.

joco. :D
Coyote
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Coyote »

hey joco, we gotta hook up and go fishing soon, i'm busy for the next two week-ends though, but maybe even meet up at petrie sometime.Maybe even a fish-hawk gathering like we use to have complete with kids and bbq's and fish fry, yummy :D
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

Almonte....PM sent :lol:
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

HI COYOTE

this sound very good.

i did post something about a little familly outhing in the get together tread but you bring it here is nice.thanks..this is what its all about .....

fishing = friendship. :wink:

we will talk about this soon.(familly get together on ice) on a nice saturday....... :P

see you soon coyote...............we have some bells that need workout.. :roll: :lol: :lol:

get some off those toothy crither :twisted: sound good.

joco :P
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

It is unfortunate that things get heated now and then, but it is the same on other boards as well not just this one. People are people and that is our nature. If we dont agree then we speak our minds. Yes sometimes it is over the top and gets us in trouble. I am just as guilty of it as others. But that is the way I am and it rubs people the wrong way sometimes I know ,but thats me and there are alot of other people out there who wish they could speak their minds and dont because they are afraid. The difference is keeping it civil and not insult others.

One of the reasons Fish-Hawk is a great site, we all can voice our opinions without someone saying sorry your out of here just because you disagree or have a different point of view.

I am obsessed with fishing and like to read about fishing but I also like reading other peoples banter and the funny stuff that gets written (k-pin). I have met alot of people in my 8 months of being on this site and am glad to have met them. We obviously cant get along with everyone and not everyone is going to like you but again that is life.

And I agree if someone has done something to you and is a member of this site then send a pm. But on the other hand if you want others opinions on a matter, like the poaching matter I think its fine to post, just dont post the name or names of those involved.

Now I really want to go fishing, I have been tempted to drop a line in my tanks, I can go freshwater and saltwater fishing right here in my living room. The only problem is I paid for those fish, wonder what kind of license you need for that? :lol:
HitmanHill
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HitmanHill »

I do understand that there are a lot of post that can be misinterpreted and how do you stop that? I agree if there is some major disagreement about any issue and it maybe just a misinformation situation and it should be addressed in as a professional manor as possible.Maybe a PM to the person would solve the issue right away. I really believe that it gets out of hand when we only read one side of story and we end up drawing our own conclussions. I know that I have writen things trying for a laugh and unknownly and regretfully insulted someone. This is the last thing I have ever intended to do and I really try to to post positive issues but I know and I agree that sometimes what we see isn't really what we think we see but what we are made to believe through someone elses post. I have enjoyed many of the interesting discussions and I have learnt more from this site then I could ever learn from a book. Like it was said before many families have heated disagreements but that doesn't mean we should care any less for their opinions. They may actually change the way we look at things. :) :roll:
David Chong
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by David Chong »

I go on numerous fishing web sites and this happens on all of them! Most are pretty good including Fish-Hawk but the negative stuff is damaging and cost many sites good members. There is nothing wrong with a good discussion and with people expressing their opinions but when it starts getting personal... Unfortunately, it's the nature of the beast when people can post under nicknames, aliases behind a keyboard, some tend to get a little carried away! If you have a serious disagreement with someone I agree that PM's are the best way to try to resolve such issues! My 2 cents...
Dave
eric
Participant
Participant

Post by eric »

I don't disagree with what you are saying, but bottom line is anyone can come on and read these messeges, its not so much the people on this website but the ones who only come on and read info about where fish are being caught. I agree totally with what you are saying about acting like adults and about the PM's but shouldn't we give the same respect we expect to receive and maybe try leaving details like what exact lake it is or things of that nature to PM's when people ask about it. Again its not so much about poeple on the site but poeple who don't care or just don't know how easily trout lakes can come and go.
Mr. T.
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mr. T. »

Peed off indviduals should wait at least three days to post their disapproval. Chances are something else will distract you and you will forget about it or it won't seem as bad anymore and then you laugh. That's what I try to do. :lol:

If you think it's bad here, try going to a computer related forum. Nothing but ego with most of them. Most of them brag about what type of computer they have. Their signatures are basically indicating the thousands of dollars they put in to building the thing. Computer geeks with low self esteem and poor people skills bashing each other behind their keyboard all over the world. :(

At least fishermen get out. 8)
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

Why would anyone do that? No one wants to do it in private.

The reason for posting thrash in public forums is to try and convince the public in believing the BS you are saying about another.

Lord knows I've been getting more then my fare share in the past 7 years.

I've seen so much of it on all kinds of boards and can tell you most of the time someone come out to smear another it's BS.

P.S. Also a lot of people are way more courageous behind a keyboard, most of them will never have the cahoons to face someone and thrash them in person.
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin