Ever cought a Fish with a lure in its mouth?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
wallyman
Participant
Participant

Post by wallyman »

Drifting in Gannon's Narrows, buddy has his line snapped when he set into one. Next drift, gets a hit, brings in a walleye with two jigs in it's mouth. Fish do not feel pain !!!!
Big Jim
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

lures..in fish

Post by Big Jim »

Hey Hawk Dudes, I have had a few including a 35lb. musky with an assortment of several hooks and lures...made the front page of the Ottawa paper like 20 years ago...fish was relieved of the baits and set free.
Kept a walleye for a snack one weekend and found the wire frame and foil? ...probably a Rapala by the shape of the wire.

But the best of all is an 8lb walleye below the dam in Arnprior with a jig in its mouth and a Popeil Pocket Fisherman still in tow :shock: ...actually I snagged the line and retreived the rest...swear it on the Mothers grave...and if I can find the photo's and get the wife to scan and enhance them I will try to post the mother of all photo's...from the Rideau River probably 28-30 years ago... :shock:

Have a great long weekend :D :D :D

LARGE~~~~~~~~~~~~~out'
Tronster
Participant
Participant

Post by Tronster »

My experience was a little different. Fishing for Lakers in Big Rideau last June with my future son-in-law. Two riggers out, one at 60 feet, the other at 40. Rod on the deep ball started to dance, so I tripped it and felt a fish on. Since it was Jeff's turn, I gave him the rod and started to crank up the ball. Then I noticed the rod on the shallow ball was bobbing too, so I tripped it and felt a fish. Jeff was very excited at the prospect of a double.

As we were both reeling in something just didn't feel right, and I finally said that I wasn't sure we had a fish, that we were probably snagged. Jeff looked quite deflated, but as his line got closer to the boat we saw the characteristic roll of a Laker, and soon it was in the net. As we disentangled it t from the net, we noticed the fish had both our lures in its mouth. They weren't foul-hooked either. Both cleanly hooked through the lip.

A fish with a double death wish??? Still can't explain it. :roll:
Anton88
Participant
Participant

Post by Anton88 »

Tip-up wrote:Took a Rapala HuskyJerk out of a LM Bass at Petrie last month...No line, just a lure and swivel. A small infection had started, a sure sign the bait was snagged in the back of the fish some time ago.
8) A Husky jerk, thats quite a prize...

Maybe this thread will help people find lost lures, and settle which belongs to which..and which was lost where...etc, on this particular date.. lol
slushpuppy
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Re: lures..in fish

Post by slushpuppy »

Big Jim wrote:...and if I can find the photo's and get the wife to scan and enhance them I will try to post the mother of all photo's
what kind of "enhancements" we talkin' 'bout here Jim? :wink: :wink: :)
milchner
Participant
Participant

Post by milchner »

In my lake where I fish it often happens that you catch a fish with a hook or a lure in his mouth.
Once I could see, that a fish throught out the hook off his skin. I had known that eels do that, but the fish where I saw it was a carp.
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

Yep, many times but strangely I seem to catch MrJ's lost and cherished lures, more often... :lol:
Big Jim
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

big jim

Post by Big Jim »

Hey Slushpuppy, making me look smaller so you can see how nice some of the fish really are...Izumi commented years ago that anything I hold looks small :shock: :shock:

Have a great weekend...

BIG JIM