Quinte this weekend

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Quinte this weekend

Post by Badger Shark »

Just wondering if any Hawk-talkers are going to Quinte this weekend. I will be there with 2 buddies on Saturday, we have Eye-tracker booked for the day. On Sunday we will be out in my boat. If anyone is going to be there and sees us stop by and say hello. I am sure you all no trackers boat, my boat is a 16'7 Aalumacraft with a 75merc. optimax.

That time of year has arrived, cant wait.

Hope to see some of you there

Don
Jackel
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Jackel »

Good luck Don. Hope you beat your PB of 11.2 but not mine of 13.1. :lol:

Al.
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

I am going after yours Al! After all that fish would have been mine right? if I had not been so generous :lol: :lol:

Are you going to want to get down there this year with me or what? I plan of getting there as much as possible, sorry Joco and you other cold weather nuts I hope we have another year like last year! :lol:
Bender
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bender »

There's a group of five of us heading down Friday in the early am for the weekend.
After a hearty breakfast at the little restaurant at Tip of the Bay (I think), we'll be on the water. !6'6 Princecraft with a 90 Merc + top according to the forecast. We'll be three in my boat, I'll be the only one dressed in orange. Hope to see more people out there from the board.
We'll be staying at Merlands this weekend and the next.

Brian
Jackel
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Jackel »

Badger Shark wrote:I am going after yours Al! After all that fish would have been mine right? if I had not been so generous :lol: :lol:

Are you going to want to get down there this year with me or what? I plan of getting there as much as possible, sorry Joco and you other cold weather nuts I hope we have another year like last year! :lol:
Fair is fair. :wink: It was my turn. :lol:

Al.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

sorry Joco and you other cold weather nuts

what...i saw somewhere we would be ice fishing on the 1 december..all over.... 8) :lol: :lol: :twisted:

:wink:

joco
xcal
Participant
Participant

Post by xcal »

Badger Shark:
I'm heading down Thursday. Will be staying at Perfect Vue cottages. Hope to be fishing east of ferry. Fishing out of a Legend. Hope to see you out there. Keeping fingers crossed for good weather and walleyes to start biting ! Will keep an eye out for you on water. Good Luck
xcal
Brian
Kemptville Guy
Participant
Participant

this weekend oct 19,20,21

Post by Kemptville Guy »

Hey

Will be there this weekend as well in 16'9 Princecraft Pro Sport with 90 Envirude downriggers as well , drop by and say hi, green and biege princecraft.. see ya out on the water////

Kevin
Billy Bones
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Billy Bones »

Let us all know how you do. Going down during the week Tuesday or Wednesday for a few days. I'm retired, can do that.

Thanks
Billy Bones
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Ya'll better hope that forecast changes.... :shock:
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

Wind in and around the 30 kilometer range are forecasted for the weekend, so be careful out on the water as the big open sections of Quinte like Adolphus reach get dangerous quickly. If you are not use to running and fishing in 3 footers keep your boat on shore and wait for better days.

Fish safe...

-s
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
Bender
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bender »

You can say that again RJ, just checking the winds and it's going to be gusting to 48km/h on Friday and 58/km on Saturday. With the west wind on Saturday we'll be looking at 3 footers for sure down the reach. Could make for tough boat control but what would Quinte be in the fall without a good ole blow up!

Brian
MuskieWannabe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MuskieWannabe »

I've been watching the weather down there for the past few days and I htink Saturday is going to clear up a bit. Sunday has definitely cleared up in the past few days and I think that it will push that crummy weather to Friday and Saturday won't be as bad as expected. I'll hopefulyl be out there too so I'm praying for the best!

Cheers
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

MW, Clear isn't an issue....anyone can deal with rain...

Noone can deal with 30K plus winds with gusts to 50K....been there done that... :lol:

Play safe fellas...
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

Rain doesnt bother me, it can rain as hard as it wants, but I hate wind. Saying that, we will be out with Eye Tracker in his boat hopefully it wont be as rough as it is forcast. I dont mess with mother-nature, she is the boss so if it is stupid rough I am sure we will try to find a more sheltered area. Hopefully Sunday is a bit calmer.