Shimano Combo

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
GrandRiverReaper
Participant
Participant

Shimano Combo

Post by GrandRiverReaper »

Hi Hawkers,

I'm looking for a little advice on some gear. I've got a bunch VISA points and the items I'm looking at is a Shimano Sonora Reel with Sojoura Rod (or a new punching bag). Has anyone had a chance to use either of these Shimano products? I have a price on them from CT and they sound like they may be low end.

Thanks and keep it reel,

GRR
esoxseeker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by esoxseeker »

I only us e Shimano products, haven't tried the reel, but I do have a Sojourn rod with a Crestfire reel, the rod has never let me down, although I've never tried pulling Bass out of the slop with it. Nice and sensitive, took it out for smallies and the rod didn't flinch. Just my 2 cents, but I like them.
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

These are good products from Shimano but yes they are there entry level models. I know they are good sellers and my local shop sells lots of them and I don't know of any that have come back. If I were you I would see if you can pay the difference and upgrade to a Compre with a Sedona or a Sahara reel. If not you I'm sure you will still be happy with the combo you mentioned.
Thrasher
Participant
Participant

Post by Thrasher »

Many different opinions in terms of what gear to use, but I've used Shimano, and Shimano only for over 20 years, and have nothing bad to say about them. In my opinion, an entry level Shimano combo is better than a mid level brand of the "other" kinds. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Thrasher