Baitcasters University

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Baitcasters University

Post by JimW »

I would just like to say a big thanks to Baitcasters and Sheldon (aka eye-tracker) for hosting the walleye seminar today. The crowd was small but it was a great discussion. Eye-tracker had lots and lots of tips and tricks (he talked for about 3 hours) to help boat those eyes!!!! I just need to get a boat so I can try some of my new knowledge.

It was also great to see some fellow halk-tawkers again, and of course spend a little money on much needed fishig tackle.

Thanks again Baitcasters and eye-tracker. I'll definitely be at the next one.

JimW
Cracker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Cracker »

I would have gone, but it's my work weekend. :cry:
:cry: Hopefully, I won't be working on the next one.
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Walleye U

Post by Seaweed »

I too enjoyed the instruction that Sheldon (Eye-Tracker) gave us at Baitcasters.... I feel ready to slay em this weekend now... thanks for the loan of the maps too... I will give em back someday.

I wanted to attend the muskie seminar too but .... hey I can't fish for lunge right now.

I will hit the next one that is offered in both the Walleye and Muskie classes. Great stuff. :P

We introduced two new guys to the web site here too... with four of us wearing Fish-Hawk.net hats... they kind of caught on that this must be a cool fishing site.
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

This sounded like a great event.

Three hours? Eye-Tracker must have put on quite a show. I won't miss the next one for sure.
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
Scum Frog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scum Frog »

I'm dissapointed I missed it!
baitcaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

SOUNDS LIKE ANOTHER COURSE IS IN ORDER

Post by baitcaster »

Thanks to all who attended and we hope to see even more Fish-Hawk hats at the next one. We are looking for topics of interest so please email me with your ideas.
We will definitely be running a course on electronics - GPS, fish-finders, flashers, etc.
We would also like to do one on rigging plastic baits covering as many different baits and methods as possible and having it very hands on.
Any interest in these two?
And, of course we have already promised a fall walleye course (with eye-tracker of course!)

Crystal
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Carl »

Here's the third Hawk Talker that was at the Walleye University...

Many thanks to Eye Tracker and Baitcasters for hosting. Great topics and learned lots of new little tricks to get down deep.

Thanks!

Carlco
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

Nice to meet people IRL (in real life). I had a great time explaining some techniques and could have gone on for a few more hours about all the fine details, but I am sure I gave enough to get you all going out on the water. Once Fall rolls around I am sure you will be sharing some tips on things that worked for you over the summer. Thats what I love about fishing...always something new to learn and try.

Thank's to Baitcasters and all those that came out.

If you see me on the water stop by and say hello!

-sheldon

a.k.a
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Sorry I couldn't make it. Sounds like I missed another great seminar.

Eye-tracker, will you be at the Pike/walleye tourney on May 8th? Maybe I could get the Reader's Digest version just in time to fill the livewell.

Who am I kidding. They call me M.T. (empty) Livewell for a good reason. :cry:

MT
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

M.T.
I will be there...fishing :D :D

I can give you some quick tips before blast-off so you can change your avatar to F.U.L.L Livewell. :wink:
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
taylor
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by taylor »

I'm looking forward to the next school event. I can use all the help I can get catching walleye on the mississippi.