Calabogie Lake fish location

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Bottoms Up
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Calabogie Lake fish location

Post by Bottoms Up »

I fished Calabogie lake 5 or 6 times in the last 2 weeks and have had no luck at all...I fished most of the spots mentioned on the FH map project and never caught wind of a fish. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can track down a few walleye and pike on Calabogie lake?
Sniper
Participant
Participant

Post by Sniper »

Fished there for my first time on sat june 6th had about the same luck as you did. I had a lot of trouble finding any kind of structure and the little bit i did find produced nothing. It was a beautiful day and there was only one other boat on the whole lake which sent up a red flag for me. I will. fish elsewhere
Sportspal
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Sportspal »

I always have luck fishing grassy bay and cameron's bay for Pike.
Use white spinnerbaits in grassy bay, and just fish the rolling flats, and you'll find some pools of 10-12 feet surrounded by shallower water, and thats where I end up finding them. Ignore the back of bay, its not worth your time and effort.
For Cameron pay, try a rattlin rapala, and cast right in to shore, and slow retrieve will give you some success.

Although, here is my disclaimer, the fishing in calabogie lake has been going downhill very quickly lately.
fish4ever
Participant
Participant

Post by fish4ever »

Although, here is my disclaimer, the fishing in calabogie lake has been going [downhill very quickly lately]
I second that one, we got to the "causeway" early morning hoping to hook into some eyes or pike. For 5 hours of hard fishing, myself and a buddy only could show a small pike and a ton of tiny rock bass. I personally got skunked :twisted: , we had a couple of decent size fishes that we missed, , but otherwise, it is starting to look like the lake is becoming ghost town from the fishing perspective.
Sportspal
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Sportspal »

Firefox and I spent a whole day there casting and trolling, and we only had a few dink bass to show for it. No pike, no Eyes.
IN the past, I could fish anything in grassy bay for an hour and have a dozen hammerhandles. I could also fish the causeway, and catch a dozen decent smallies...some of my personal best came from there.

Firefox and I also tried around the islands for some Walleye....not even a nibble. Really dissapointing.

I went another time last year, and had only a small bass to show for hours and hours of working shoals, dropoffs, back bays, and pitching docks, swimming platforms, etc.....just a real sad outcome these past few years.
Salar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Salar »

I've never had much luck on Calabogie Lake. There are more productive waters in the area.