Constance Lake Kanata

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Troller
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Constance Lake Kanata

Post by Troller »

Hi guys,
I am planning on taking my boat to Constance Lake in Kanata for an outing this weekend. At this point I do not know if it will be Saturday of Sunday. I have never been on this lake before is there anything I should watch for? My two sons want to catch pike and I am planning on using crankbaits and spinner baits are these good choices ?
any help would be appricated
T
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Lots of weeds in that lake so crankbaits might be fouling up lots, but a spinnerbait would be perfect for the pikes in there and don't be mad if you also catch a couple of bass.
Jasonb
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jasonb »

That lake is full of Pike... its rather shallow all around... not a big lake but lots of hammer handles... a fun day for the kids... throw spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, and spoons... they should be your number 1 productive lures... pike up there love the buzzbaits... plus nothing is as much fun as topwater!!!

JaY
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

How do you get on the lake in Kanata?
Where is this lake? What side?
Jasonb
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jasonb »

FROM ST LAURENT SHOPPING CENTRE... TAKE 417 WEST TO MARCH, FOLLOW MARCH TILL DUNROBIN, THEN TURN RIGHT ON DUNROBIN, THEN FOLLOW TILL CONSTANCE LAKE ROAD(ON LEFT) FOLLOW ROAD TILL YOU GET TO THE WATER
JRSuprstar
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by JRSuprstar »

I will try this lake soon, too
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Lots of fish in the lake, and there not hard to figure out at all. Tons of pike, but don't be suprised if you tag into a couple of nice bass too.

Good luck
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

In Jason B.'s directions switch Constance Lake Rd. (on left) to Constance Lake Rd. (on right) & you'll be set!! :? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, I dunno what you have for a boat, but be careful in there!! :o

She's a great 'Prop-Chewer' :shock: :x :x :roll: :wink: :wink:
digitalchef
Participant
Participant

Post by digitalchef »

was there this evening.
nailed about 20 small pike and 15 bass with at least 3 being over 4lbs!!

Jasonb-ya should have been there!!
pikeman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by pikeman »

Can this lake be fished from shore because i dont have access to a boat.
bm_attar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bm_attar »

Nope. All private properties. You can try fishing at the Lodge's docks. I never tried, but I can say the area around the docks and the seaplanes are the least productive for obvious reasons.
Sportspal
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Sportspal »

I'll be fishing constance lake sunday morning in a grey lund, 90 Honda on the back. If anyone else is there, feel free to pop by and say Hello.
Troller
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Troller »

Hey guys,
Thanks so much for the insight. Whenever I have kids in the boat with me I like to try to gain as much knowledge about a new lake as possible beforehand. We went there this morning (Sunday) and we caught and released 16 pike and my younger son's pb large mouth bass (3.6 lbs). What a great morning on the water.

Sportpal, I did see you out there and I was making my way down to your end of the lake with my trolling motor. I ran out of time though. I had to have my younger son back home early as he had been invited to a cottage for a few days and they were leaving before noon. Of course with the fishing so good I lost track of time. lol

I have a few pics but I am still trying to fiqure out how to post them.

Thanks again for the replies.
Troller
Sportspal
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Sportspal »

Troller, glad to hear you had a great outing.
I arrived late at the launch after stopping by Bits and Baits to buy some worms, a few new spinnerbaits, and a new rod from Gord. I picked up my friend and his son from Wallyworld, and headed out. Man, was it ever packed out there. There must have been 15 boats on the water, by far the most I've ever seen there, the diner was full, patio packed, and the sea planes were taking off and landing every 30 minutes. Needless to say, the fishing was tough. Oh, and the seadoo doing laps, then tubing didn't help any. If I was a fish, I would have gone right back to bed too.

The wind didn't help much, and even though I missed the morning bite, we had some fun. Managed one nice Large, and my friend's son caught a tiny perch, then we called it quits and headed in.