Fish finder To trolling motor

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Buster
Participant
Participant

Fish finder To trolling motor

Post by Buster »

Does anyone think that i should attach my fish finder to my trolling motor instead of the transducer on the back. What advantages does this have?
and can i attach both?
I have a minn kota auto pilot with built in transducer.

Thanks
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

To mount or not to mount

Post by Seaweed »

You know you need to ask yourself two things.

1) Will I need this finder to work all the time or only when the electric is in the water. Don`t try running on the big motor with the electric in the water... not good.

2) Can you afford to mount one on the back and one on the front... this is the ideal situation when you have a transducer in your electric.

I personally like to run one on the back for a finder running at all times and another in the bow that helps me find fish up front. I would recommend doing this and trust me you can find out what finders your electric transducer works with and get one cheap enough off of ebay or some other fishing bulletin board like Fish-Hawk and have the best of both worlds.

My 2 cents
Buster
Participant
Participant

seaweed

Post by Buster »

Thanks for the response.

I dont mind putting my fishmark 320 on the front. I think it is good enough for the amount i fish. Then ill buy a cheaper one for the back.
Good idea.

I will take the fismark which is at the counsel and attach it to my platform. then put the cheap one where the old one was.

Can i use just one fishfinder and move it to the front when the trolling is down. and then move it to the back when driving?
Xenos
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Xenos »

I have one on each and couldn't live without either.
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

You might want to look at a flasher for the back. It takes about 4 seconds to translate the signal from your transducer to a picture on your graph, whereas a flasher is instantaneous. That 4 seconds can put you high and dry on a shoal when you are running.

Ed Toobinator Puddephatt