kanata fishing

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
mr guy
Participant
Participant

kanata fishing

Post by mr guy »

looking for accesible spots around kanata to wet a line. don't have a boat but all i'm looking for is somewhere to sit/stand and fish. don't really care about species or size.
Muskie4L
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskie4L »

Hello mr guy and welcome to fish-hawk :D

we have quite a few shore fishers here, have a look at this link.

http://www.fish-hawk.net/hawktalk/viewtopic.php?t=29844

Ted
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Hey Mr. Guy,

I'm not sure there are any places in Kanata per say, however there are some spots on the Jock River that are fishable from shore, as well as many others throughout the city if you are wishing to take a little drive.

I understand Victoria Island has an abundance of species. Ted's link should help you out a lot as well.

Cheers,

BTW, Welcome to Fish-Hawk.
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

There's Shirley's Bay as well.
Tonyb
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Tonyb »

I've seen fishermen at Shirley's Bay with waders on just in front of the rock beach and they were waist deep. They were also catching pike and some smallies. It's a great spot .
mr guy
Participant
Participant

Post by mr guy »

thanks folks
Bonesey
Participant
Participant

Post by Bonesey »

hey i live in kanata 2 theres a nice spot on the jock i found on steeple hill rd its off of fallowfield its a 15 min drive from glen cairin i've caught bass and pike up there right off the dock
gerrymackenzie
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by gerrymackenzie »

Hi Bonesy, I think you mean Steeple Hill Crescent. Take Eagleson to Fallowfield. Turn left onto Fallowfield. Then turn right onto Richmond Road. Then turn left onto Stepple Hill Crescent. The dock is just at the turn.
I've also caught a few pike and bass there but only at the beginning of the season, don't know what it is like this late.
You might also want to try where Cambrian Road crosses the Jock River. I've fished there with mixed results the past few seasons.

Bonesy - anytime you want to get out for some shore fishing let me know. Together we might be able to come up with some half-decent spots.

Mr Guy - if you have a car there are numerous spots anywhere along the Rideau River/Canal and the Ottawa River.

Gerry
Bonesey
Participant
Participant

Post by Bonesey »

gerrymackenzie wrote:.

Bonesy - anytime you want to get out for some shore fishing let me know. Together we might be able to come up with some half-decent spots.

Gerry
pm sent
Thrillhouse
Participant
Participant

Post by Thrillhouse »

Hey Guys,
I live just west of Kanata by Constance Bay, moved here 2 years ago. If you guys are looking for another person to fish with, I am in. I know a few places to go out around here. Fish almost every night.
Thrillhouse
Participant
Participant

Post by Thrillhouse »

Hey Guys,
I live just west of Kanata by Constance Bay, moved here 2 years ago. If you guys are looking for another person to fish with, I am in. I know a few places to go out around here. Fish almost every night.
Thrillhouse
Participant
Participant

Post by Thrillhouse »

Hey Guys,
Thrillhouse
Participant
Participant

Post by Thrillhouse »

Hey Guys,
Thrillhouse
Participant
Participant

Post by Thrillhouse »

Hey Guys,
Troller
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Troller »

HI Guys< I have a boat moored out at Port of Call Marine near Constance Bay. I sometimes go after work for a troll. I am having some trouble locating fish there this year as I do not know the water that well yet. Everytime I pull my boat out and go to another body of water I do well. lol. I go some nights after work as I work fairly close to the marina. If one of you guys would like to head out some night next week please send me a pm maybe we can set something up. I am already going out tonight with a buddy.
\
Cheers,
Dave