Disaster at Norcan Lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Bottoms Up
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Disaster at Norcan Lake

Post by Bottoms Up »

We had a day to forget yesterday on Norcan Lake. We hit the water at 7am and fished the lake hard until 2pm only to boat 2 dinky LM. Last Summer I fished this lake and couldn't get my line into the water without a fish hitting my lure. One thing I did notice was that the water level was down and least a foot or two from last Summer, maybe this has caused the fish to re-loacte to deeper parts of the lake. Most bays were only 2 or 3 feet deep at best. We fished deeper water, shoals around a few islands and all other normal bass holding loacations....Maybe the bite was turned off due to the thunder storm that passed through on Saturday night??

Does anyone have any suggestions of decent lakes that are not mentioned on the map project? I have fished most of them and am looking for new bodies of water to explore.
katch moore
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by katch moore »

there's a couple of guys who are fishing at the dam, and they were taking everything they hook. splash right into the cooler. i've contacted tips a year ago when i first noticed that they were going to that spot frequently and taking a cooler full of fish.

anyways yeah too bad.
FishingIsHealing
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by FishingIsHealing »

Weslemkoon lake for big Bass......

But it's probably about 2+ hours away.....

But really it's one of the best Bass lakes in Ontario...

You could try Charleston lake.....Thats the best bass lake you can get within distance of Ottawa.......

Or you could just fish the Ottawa River...it's probably the best Fishery around...

The good thing about the River is that it is long, and there are many areas you can fish from....you can drive 3 hours up it, and fish a new area, or drive 1 hour down it and fish an area down there....It's a great place.....with huge amount of fish........