Wild Quinte Weekend...

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Andy_L
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Andy_L »

Hey RJ :)

Well we hit the water on Sunday and the wind was pretty brutal and got stronger as the morning wore on :shock: First place we went was that whole area you had mentioned to Don (lol he WAS paying attention)...we spent a while there, marked loads of fish but they were VERY deep. Maybe the weather change drove them down?? we moved closer to shore thinking we would have a look in the shallower water, but as soon as we went above 50ft there were no more marks period.

We slowly made our way back up the reach towards the ferry, but that seemed to be the way it was going to be yesterday....deep fish. Later in the afternoon we trolled along by the cement plant in shallower water and i know that some people there were getting the fish to go, but it appeared that it just wasn't going to be our day. Not sure how Don did later in the afternoon as i chose to hit the road around 3pm with Terry.

oh well...lots of fun had with good friends, and thats what it was all about anyway :) We did get a 12lb fish into the boat on Saturday morning (Badger has the picture...Eric caught the fish) :D

THANK YOU RJ FOR THE LOANERS :) I'll probably drop them off on the way home tonight

Cheers Pal

Andy
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

RJ,

Thanks for posting a great report and photos...you guys out fished most the guides on Quinte Saturday an Sunday, including me. Well done having all your boats go over 10 walleye each day with those weather conditions.
Hope you got one of those fish in the Bounty last week. :wink:

I think it will take a month for my boat to dry out. :oops:

-sheldon
Erie-Eyes
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Erie-Eyes »

Beautiful looking BOQ Dreamfish an an excellent report RJ - thanks for sharing. Weather permitting, I'm going to try one more trip to BOQ on 4/5 of Nov.
Terry_F
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Terry_F »

Congratulations RJ and all.
Looks like you had a great time, I was just looking at the sky and water in those pics. Conditions sure changed on Sat and Sun. :shock: :shock:
We all had a good time, although the fish were a little scarce.
Sheldon's presentation on Friday night was well worth attending, I think we all came away with new knowledge and a better understanding of Ol' Marble Eyes.
The highlight of my weekend turned out to be an incident on Sunday morning when I looked up to see Igor, a F-Her from Toronto barreling towards Marc and I, he stopped just short of us and was so excited at catching a 7lber, his first ever Quinte eye. The guy was just beaming from ear to ear. Made the two days of wet and windy all worth while.
I guess that's what sharing info is all about.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

A majority of our groups success came on the Thursday and the Friday.....Birdee and I never went out Saturday at all....those that did reported the fish had moved a bit but still found at least a few to tangle with....Sunday the two boats from our group that did go out hit fish as well....one getting 4 eyes and 4 Crackheads...

Sheldon, great bumping into ya at the hotel...my fish ended up 4th for Bounty...it miraculously shrank 1/4 inch... :lol:...ah well...covers the gas...

As far as info sharing goes....my deepest line all weekend was 38 feet....and that was a downrigger that never fired once... :x ....I've been playing around with different baits at Quinte the past few years....on tough days I really think the Deep Diver program suffers...some days I bet the eyes think.."if I see one more ReefRunner, Taildancer or Mann's I'm going to blow my air bladder!".. :lol: :lol:

I'll be back mid to late November....get out the survival suits boys....play safe....

RJ
Chewie
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Chewie »

Wow! Didn't know they grew quite so large (huge).
This is my first year with a boat and went fishing for walleye a few times in the Ottawa. My buddy and I managed to catch and release 10 walleye and 1 sauger. The problem was that my 11inch perch was much larger then the eyes. That's ok because I had never caught one before and I don't mind small fish, it's the " no fish " that bother me.
GetTheNet!!!
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by GetTheNet!!! »

Some gorgeous Quinte walleyes you've got there RJ. I always look forward to your reports. thanks
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

This is what happens when you sleep while fishing... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor Birdee... :lol:

Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Shhhleepy :lol:
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

Shhhleepy :lol:
Good one Tip-Up!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, and BTW, beauty Eyes for the Jackson Clan!!! :wink: :wink:
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Well done RJ. Nice to have you aboard.
No sneak peak of the secret lure? :wink:

Bill
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Bill, the secret lure was a white tube :lol: :lol:
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

RJ you're pretty inconsiderate!!!!!! Next time bring her pillow for gods sake!!!!! :lol: :lol:
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again