WOULD YOU KILL A RECORD MUSKY..?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
dana
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by dana »

This Fish-hawk is a fine long lived site...people come people go..

Way to go FH!

I would keep the aforementioned "World Record Muskie" alive...
contact the mnr ,get it officially weighed..measured...
reap all the accolades attributed to it...
untold wealth,fame,free pizza

then i'd probably wake up and find it was all a dream..
HereMyGo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HereMyGo »

Alright,

I'll try and get this back on track here..

Crusty, I sort of see where you are coming from and for whatever reason I can see you have some angst built up over the issue.

However, your tag system just won't work.

Comparing fishing to hunting is like apples and oranges, sure they are both fruit (i.e they are both outdoor sports) but that's about as far as it goes.

With hunting you can target and SEE what you are about to shoot. With fishing, how many times have you tried to TARGET one specific species and ended up catching something else? What happens when I'm out there with my fly rod fishing for bass and a musky not only hits my fly but somehow get's it jammed down it's throat. I wasn't targetting musky in any way, so I don't have a musky tag and yet here I am with a musky that's going to die from choking on my fly. And you think that I should be held accountable? Give me a break.

Tag system in fishing = epic fail.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

FishingIsHealing has left the board :shock: He was one smart lad, that's really too bad.
HereMyGo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HereMyGo »

Tip-up wrote:FishingIsHealing has left the board :shock: He was one smart lad, that's really too bad.
I didn't know him at all, and i'm sure he was here long before I was. I don't know why he quit or any of the details surrounding why any one has left the board. My SPECULATION.....read that again...SPECULATION...is that people are leaving because ultimately they don't like the opinions that others have.

If people are leaving because of opinions beeing voice in a civilized manner, then tough luck for those people.

However, if people are leaving because they are being verbally abused, then there is a problem. And the person dishing out the abuse should be dealt with.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Did not mean to hijack this thread :oops: Sorry