Heater Size???

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
lenb12
Participant
Participant

Post by lenb12 »

I have a sub-zero ice fishing tent which is the same size (or larger) than your shelter. I believe that you would need an 8000 BTU heater at a minimum - from my experience. I have an infrared propane heater attached to my propane tank. This year, I decided to buy a dual infrared propane heater from Home Cheapo for $119.00. It ia a 24,000 BTU device. I also bought a 5 lb propane tank for $45.00 from Home Hardware( this saves space in the sled).

There is a SAFETY ISSUE using these infrared heaters - they must be continuously monitored due to the fact that the heat surface is red hot.I had an incident where flame started travelling above the heater cone(I ended up turning the heater off and then back on to solve the problem). NEVER leave infrared heaters unattended.

Len
Last edited by lenb12 on Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bruin »

I think you should be good to go....Like others have said you may not be down to your underpants, but you can definately fish in comfort