Where can I ice fish for trout that has easy access

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Brant
Participant
Participant

Where can I ice fish for trout that has easy access

Post by Brant »

Anyone know where I can find some trout in the Ottawa area that I can easly access.
Jasonb
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jasonb »

good luck dude... i've been asking that question for years... nobody will give you many destinations... but if you get a chance to get out with someone from this site take the oppourtunity, i've been kickin myself for letting a few pass by... theese guys can catch some good fish
JaY
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Where can I ice fish for trout that has easy access

Post by Bass Addict »

Brant wrote:Anyone know where I can find some trout in the Ottawa area that I can easly access.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If you find one ,,,let me know :)
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Where can I ice fish for trout that has easy access

Post by Tip-up »

Brant wrote:Anyone know where I can find some trout in the Ottawa area that I can easly access.
Try using the search feature at the top of the page. You will be surprised at what you can find.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

:!:
Last edited by Tip-up on Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
c_shep
Participant
Participant

Post by c_shep »

Isn't there a trout pond in Cornwall :?:
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Thistle Springs......very easy access. :lol:
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

almontefisher wrote:Thistle Springs......very easy access. :lol:
:idea: :lol:
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

I would recommend that you look into the high land northeast of Hawkesbury - need a PQ license.
Some really nice speckles in the spring fed lakes.
That would be the closest good trout to Cornwall IMO.

Cheers
Fishing Family
Participant
Participant

Post by Fishing Family »

Forget Cornwall Calabogie is the same distance and much much cleaner. there are trout in the main lake, also waben but it would be to far to walk this time of year from main road, also Green lake AWSOME for bass and trout I hear Scully is OK but right across the road from Scully is Shinner lake(very small lake) another 20 min up the road is Centenial Lake I personaly have never cought trout at these lakes but have seen them cought there (not a fan of trout ) need any directions to these lakes or others up that way just ask.
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

The original post is FROM Cornwall...
valley_boy
Participant
Participant

Post by valley_boy »

Its pretty tough. There are lakes that ministry stocks that are easier to access, but these receive the greatest fishing pressure and obviously are not very good fishing. I'm not to familiar with the bodies of water in your area, but I'm not sure if there are many lakes around there with the water quality trout require. Trout are generally in deep clean mountain type lakes, and as far as I know that area is low farm land. I would have to agree the best fishing for trout you will get into will be on the quebec side. Talk to the MNR before you go and get a stocking list.
tinman454
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

trout lake

Post by tinman454 »

hay bud you can try silver lake it has fish ! very easy 2 get 2 also its right on #7 hwy just past perth there is a road side park and you can drive on the ice there or park an walk try fishing around the island its about 200 yards out hope this helps if not pm me and i'll try and help with some other places. good luck terry.
Icemanstan
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: trout lake

Post by Icemanstan »

if you need more places to try give me a ping. I have no treble helping someone out.

tinman454 wrote:hay bud you can try silver lake it has fish ! very easy 2 get 2 also its right on #7 hwy just past perth there is a road side park and you can drive on the ice there or park an walk try fishing around the island its about 200 yards out hope this helps if not pm me and i'll try and help with some other places. good luck terry.
Brant
Participant
Participant

Post by Brant »

Thank for all the replies guys. The I tried fishing the Cornwall Recreational Area for trout this year. I'm not sure if they stocked or not but theres no fish in there. I usually trout fish in New York State but I've started fishing in the Ottawa area. Anyway Thanks all