Lurkers

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

There are oodles of lurkers here....sharing some tips or tricks with others here is sharing it with the rest of the world...maybe not a real biggie. Posting the location where you slayed the big ones....maybe not so cool. I don't consider myself to be selfish whatsoever.

Hardly a witch hunt....it's purdy hard to hunt down something ya can't see.

I've been learning to leave my sense of humour at the door here as not to offend.....it's not easy trying to be someone yer not.....anyways...happy reading lurkers :lol:
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

slop wrote:I've been learning to leave my sense of humour at the door here as not to offend.....it's not easy trying to be someone yer not.....anyways...happy reading lurkers :lol:
Just as well, you weren't that funny anyway. :lol:

PS - he knows I'm just kidding

(Now you've got me doing it :evil: )
Muskie4L
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskie4L »

saskie wrote:
slop wrote:I've been learning to leave my sense of humour at the door here as not to offend.....it's not easy trying to be someone yer not.....anyways...happy reading lurkers :lol:
Just as well, you weren't that funny anyway. :lol:

PS - he knows I'm just kidding

(Now you've got me doing it :evil: )
No saskie he's really not funny :lol: :lol:
GrandRiverReaper
Participant
Participant

Post by GrandRiverReaper »

Hi All,

I was just giving my two cents, and not trying to "poo-poo" on anything. My point is that this is a forum and we're entitled to contribute our opinions, albeit if stated with humour (save for the part about "lurkers" funding terrorism - I see no humour in that whatsoever) or with serious invective. However, since it appears as though my opinions offer less value than the light-hearted comparison of avid researching fisherman to terrorists I will delete my account and bid fish-hawk.net a farewell.

Best fishes and keep it reel,

GRR
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Good Grief!

1) This thread is old....

2) Thanks for telling all of us that as a result of a joke (that in YOUR opinion) you didn't find funny, you are deleting your account....

The whole point of the post is "lurkers" they are not avid angling researchers. They are lazy folk who look to benefit from others HARD work and knowledge and contribute nothing in return....

An avid researching angler (as you state) would have no objection to entering and participating in dialogue. Because they know they'd stand to learn ALOT more that way....

No lurkers just cruise here looking for honey holes and tips. Which is fine, they are entitled to do that...

But we, and by we I mean the contributing folk here at Fish-Hawk.net have every right to poke fun at them in the name of fun.....

Sorry you feel that way.

Obviously tey don't fund terrorism, nor do they hide in your closet....
Give me a break!
Mick
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mick »

[quote="Jamsers"]

But we, and by we I mean the contributing folk here at Fish-Hawk.net have every right to poke fun at them in the name of fun.....
quote]

What exactly do you mean by contributing folk? Do you mean high volume posters? People that post all the time? Is that what you mean? If you do, I am going to set something straight that probably should have been set striaght along time ago on this board.

There are alot of people that have posted frequently on this board over the years and I have been around longer than most to witness it. Often times there is a correlation between posting volume and making a contribution but frankly just as often there isn't. Sure, the posts themselves are a contribution if one is counting posts but IMO and in the opinion of MANY people I have spoken to about this board that no longer post here, there are people on this board that post regularly and their "contributions" either deliberately or otherwise they keep a lot of very knowledgeable people from contributing here.

I have a suggestion - why doesn't everyone read Bobber's sticky poster and ask themselves - is he talking about me?
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

No I mean contributing folks as opposed to Lurkers.

Be it multiple contributions, high contributions etc.

The point is most lurkers aren't even members. Most folk here don't hold them in high regard.

As I have stated in my opinion they are free to join or not.

My point was though that folk on here that contribute to varying degree are free to poke fun at lukers....

Why o why some folk get so bent out of shape over everything is beyond me.... :roll:
Mick
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mick »

I think you missed my point Jamsers.

Some people's "contribution" to this board is essentially keeping other knowledgeable people away from it. How do they make this contribution? Through the tone of their posts. Maybe if the tone wasn't quite as sharp, there'd be less lurkers and more contributors.

Just a thought.

Mind you, it is a conversation that seems to happen pretty much everytime I bump into a long time FH'er.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

I agree with you Mick,

Some people's contributions can be acidic....
However, it can't be fishing related 100% of the time.
This is why we have Hawk-eye talk, non-fishing etc.

Should some people watch tone...sure...
Should some people realize that on an open forum some things may offend on some level? Sure....

What I may find harmless you may take exception too and vice-versa.

From what I have been told from people on here is alot of folk after meeting in person after having differences on here get along well.

All I was trying to say was to quit a site over a joke...(one that a moderator was part of also) is a little much.

But you are right there are some down right aggressive folk on here...and every other site too!
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

I LOVE FISH HAWK! :shock:
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Sorry, but this is so funny from where I'm sitting...being one of the "dinosaurs" of Fish-hawk. You can count on this argument, or others of different themes, to come up every hardwater season. The lakes freeze, the temperatures drop and the fishermen (excepting Joco and a few others) get cranky. :lol: I'm cranky, too. Grrrr. Want spring time!

Jamsers, I got your humor. :wink:

W.
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

geez Wolfe

When I saw Lurkers and your name I thought it was a thread about men who enjoy looking at you

Then I got jealous because it was several pages long

You my dear are no dinosaur

Unless of course you want me to play archiologist :P
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Thanks Wolfe!

Glad some people did!
Musky51
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Musky51 »

wolfe wrote:Sorry, but this is so funny from where I'm sitting...being one of the "dinosaurs" of Fish-hawk. You can count on this argument, or others of different themes, to come up every hardwater season. The lakes freeze, the temperatures drop and the fishermen (excepting Joco and a few others) get cranky. :lol: I'm cranky, too. Grrrr. Want spring time!

Jamsers, I got your humor. :wink:

W.
My second favorite time of year.... first is the time when everthing is open but bass :) makes for some good reading
plncrzy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by plncrzy »

I know a few lurkers.... although I agree with alot of what was said... I also want to say .... the lurkers that I know are good people..... yes they are lurkers, but you know what.... It really does take all TYPES of people to make the world go around.... we need all the types to have a comfortable world.....

OK, maybe I have had too much wine with supper tonight :)
but let the lurkers lurk :shock: .... maybe they'll come out of their closet some day and become an awsome contributing member :lol: