Carp, ON - 10th Valley Fishing and Outdoors Show

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

Bits and Baits will be at the Valley Fishing and Outdoors Show in Carp. It'll be our third time there. Last year was great! :)
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
baitcaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

That's Why They Call Them Rumours....

Post by baitcaster »

Bear,

Nope we have bought a property on Hwy 15 just north of Blacks Corners - between 10th and 9th lines. You will see all the wood work that has been done to the outside of the building. Inside renovations are in full swing. I'm really looking forward to the move. No, not the move, the result of the move!

Crystal
MuskieStalker1
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MuskieStalker1 »

I was speaking to Dave the owner of the show last night and Pro tackle and JBs Fishing Depot will be there as well . It shopuld be a great show again this year
See everyone there
Kert Lavigne
Muskie Stalker
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Anthony and I attend this show every year regardless of what vendors are in attendance. I find it more somewhere to talk fishing and chat with friends and otherfolks who I might not have seen in a little while and not to mention all the new faces you meet as well. I will be making the rounds at the ol' fairgrounds this spring...Who knows, might even spend some cash before going to Paddletails and Bits and Baits... :lol: theres always something that catches my eye at these shows.
pikeonthe fly
Participant
Participant

Post by pikeonthe fly »

Pro Tackle is not going ?[/quote]

Be assured...

Pro Tackle WILL BE THERE with some great deals..and some interesting new Bass lures too..... 8)
Coyote
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Coyote »

I'II be there, i need a med/heavy spinning rod, and maybe a few other goodies,maybe see a few hawkers there as well,since I've haven't been ice fishing all winter,c'mon spring.
pikeonthe fly
Participant
Participant

Post by pikeonthe fly »

Coyote wrote:I'II be there, i need a med/heavy spinning rod, and maybe a few other goodies,maybe see a few hawkers there as well,since I've haven't been ice fishing all winter,c'mon spring.
I will be on the look out for a 7' flippin/pitchin bass rod....lets hope someone makes me an offer I can't refuse.... 8)
Oziles
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

opinion

Post by Oziles »

I have read the posting with great interest. We were approached during the Sportsman show on taking a booth at the Carp show. I have been told that most of the show is around hunting, which is a market we don't go into. Cost is always an issue. Here are the questions and maybe it should be a poll:

1) are fishhawkers more apt to go to the Sportsman show or more so the Carp show?

2) Are you only looking or looking to buy at the show?

I am trying to get a feel as this year only Le Baron and oursleves were at the Sportsman show and am wondering if we should go back next year...

Thanks
Muskie4L
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskie4L »

I attend the Carp show only and buy most of my years supply at that time , its been good for the Muskie guys the last few years. on avg I spend about $1000.00 at that show if the right vendors have what I want. Having said that, this year is a MCI Muskie Odyssey year and I will be going to that, so the carp show will be a s small portion of my spending. but you will find that most go to Carp for fishing gear
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

The Sportsmans Show essentially evolved into basically a boat show with very limited "fishing" booths. The Carp show on the other hand has historically been more geared towards fishing retailers, though more hunting retailers are attending given that the fall show has been cancelled in recent years.
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
Fishboy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Fishboy »

Oziles,
I stopped attending the Sportsman's show at Lansdowne about 6 years ago because it wasn't really interesting to me as an angler. I was never in the market for a boat and I thought the admission fee steep just to look at stuff I didn't want or need.

I attended the Carp show last year and found it was more than 60% fishing and about 35% hunting. It's a smaller show than the Sportsman's show, but it is more fishing specific. It is held just prior to ice-out when many of us are ready to buy for the up-coming softwater season.

Yes, there are costs to attending these shows. That's just the cost of doing business. You want customers? Go and get them, don't wait for them to find you. Give them a reason to visit your store by handing out discount coupons redeemable at your store.

If you aren't at shows like the spring show in Carp, you aren't where your customers are. In times of recession, can you afford to ignore customers?
Time's fun when you're having flies.
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

Muskie4L wrote:I attend the Carp show only and buy most of my years supply at that time , its been good for the Muskie guys the last few years. on avg I spend about $1000.00 at that show if the right vendors have what I want. Having said that, this year is a MCI Muskie Odyssey year and I will be going to that, so the carp show will be a s small portion of my spending. but you will find that most go to Carp for fishing gear
I'm a local lad in West Carleton who's never been to Dave Arbour's show in Carp......I read some posts from last year regarding vendors catering specifically to fishing (Muskie interest for me....thanks Ted!!) and I plan on attending for sure this year!!!!

As far as the Ottawa show, I attended this year with my wife for the first time in 15yrs and I can honestly say that I haven't missed anything!!.....I walked by the Voyageur Depot booth and noticed that the had 2....YES, two Believer lures that based on the color pattern, were from the 1990's :lol: :oops: :oops: ...I asked the guy if that's all they had and he said "go visit our store"......what a joke!!!
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

I will be taking my son and two grandkids to the Carp show. I can echo TroutnMuskieHunter comments about the Ottawa show. It's been about 15 yrs for us too. There were more fudge and candy coated nut booths than tackle displays or fish camps.

I have always heard good things about the Carp show. Besides, how could I not stop at the "Cat" for something to eat before heading home?

To Oziles, and our other retail partners,
I only plan on attending one show, so with Ottawa's dismal history, Carp gets the nod from me this year.
As to what I like to see. Fishing tackle, boats, fishing lodges/resorts & more fishing stuff. I like to see the "local" shops well represented, this gives all of us a look into your establishment and a chance of business now and in the future.

I haven't seen a list of exhibitors, but I'd love to see Northam Fishing Lures and Bass Magnet Lures there.

My 2 cents,

DropShot'r
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

DropShot'r wrote: There were more fudge and candy coated nut booths than tackle displays

My 2 cents,

DropShot'r

:lol: :lol: 8) 8)