yes i finaly broke the skunk....report

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

yes i finaly broke the skunk....report

Post by Chevy Champagne »

well sunday i when t out to my favorate little hole for early season perch and sunfish and i killed them didnt take any pictures of them but i added a new species to my list i caught my first carp man do they ever fight heres the pic it wasnt very big only 5 pounds but i was happy
have a good one
Last edited by Chevy Champagne on Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

Good to hear you had a great day fishing.

Thanks for the report and pic.

DropShot'r
TLunge
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TLunge »

Congrads, but dont cross carp off your list just yet. Thats a sucker
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Yeah I did that too Walleyeman...Thought I had my first carp but when I posted the pic I was told it was a sucker...Ya know what...still looks like a carp to me :lol: :oops:
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

I've never caught a carp or sucker... but as a kid (so please keep this in mind, I was a stupid kid) at Shelter valley creek we came across a bunch of suckers trying to get up stream, they were stuck at a rapid they couldnt get up.. I might have been responsible for kicking a sucker or two... :(

I guess I shouldn't cross it off my list, or it's on a completely different list crossed off already with other fish waiting for a rapala-boot from a stupid teenager.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

That must have given you a great tussle coming in! A good thrill, especially after reeling in panfish. Were you wondering what you had 'til you saw it?

Glad you had a memorable outing!!

Suckers were just making their run at one of the creeks into Wolfe Lake a couple weeks back. They would be very vulnerable to folks messing with them; the water is moving along, but pretty shallow.

W.
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

TLunge wrote:Congrads, but dont cross carp off your list just yet. Thats a sucker
oh thatts to bad thats alright though its still a new species and fought really well i thought i was a snag at first cause i came inlike dead weight till it saw me itll be a great memory
and i didnt think they got that big how much bigger can they get?
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

I haven't seen many that are much bigger than that one but I don't target them. The ones that ran up the Torch River back home (White Suckers) might have averaged 2-3lbs (16-18"). When they were in we'd snag the odd one while trying for pike and perch in the creek mouths.

4lbs is my best caught while walleye fishing on the SK river. Same story - thought I was snagged and then it came to life. Those things are tanks in the current!

Nice fish :D
There are few problems in life which can not be solved with a well-placed, high-explosive projectile.
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

hey awesome report walleye man !

congrats!
Eli
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Eli »

walleye man wrote:
TLunge wrote:Congrads, but dont cross carp off your list just yet. Thats a sucker
depending on the type of redhorse sucker, they get up to 36 inches...hard to tell from your pic, but it looks like a river redhorse so ~10lbs is the max
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Eli wrote:
walleye man wrote:
depending on the type of redhorse sucker, they get up to 36 inches...hard to tell from your pic, but it looks like a river redhorse so ~10lbs is the max
huh cool so thaat was atty big one eh
well you learn something new everyday
tinman454
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

nice fish !

Post by tinman454 »

hey man you just let the ont. record for suckers go!!!! naw man just joking!!! :lol: :lol: nice fish though i never gaught one that big!!
FishingIsHealing
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by FishingIsHealing »

nice Sucker!

They look like Carp kinda, but you can tell the difference cuz of their mouth.

They are like a fallfish kind of too, but with bottom feeding mouth!

Very nice size too!

Congrats!

I"M SO happy you broke the SKUNK! cuz i know how it feels to go around fishing and catching nothing it's so discouraging! and I know you've been tryign for a couple weeks at least.

Good for you man!

THIS MEANS IT HAS BEGUN!!!!!! Great year ahead I guarantee!

Take Care!

==Tom==
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

FishingIsHealing wrote: THIS MEANS IT HAS BEGUN!!!!!! Great year ahead I guarantee!
yes the bite is on since that day i have caught over 50 fish now thats nice none of real size other then the sucker but man im haveing a blast 8)
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

walleye man wrote: caught over 50 fish now thats nice none of real size other ...............

Than the Musky your going to catch this Summer with Bass Addict .... :wink: :wink: