Going Tubular

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Going Tubular

Post by Gord »

I'm waiting for the Bass season to open so I can try all these tubes I've been buying. Any tips on how to fish these things?
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the power of the tube :D :shock: :D I am sure that Ed AKA Toobinator will jump on this,but in the mean time:Try puttin a jig head preferably a tube jig head inside the tube and the hook will be exposed under the skirt,and,drag,hop,twitch,make slow or eraticat retrieves with it off bottom.You may also texas rig the tube for heavy cover situations,but try it in all aspects and areas of water,deep you may verticly jig beside the boat,shallow you may skip it under docks and other cover,Shoals,flats,points you can try hopping or dragging the tube on rocky bottoms for smallies.You may also if you r dragging the tube in a slow presantation on bottom hook the tube like a grub right through the top so the head is exposed.

You my friend are in possesion of one of the greatest soft plastics ever made for all types of fish but mainly fos bass!!!!!

Hope this helps for now and tight lines!!!!! :D

F.F
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

http://www.fish-hawk.net/tips/tubes/rigging-tube.htm
Check this out on how to rig your tubes....I use the method drwn out by spinner with the weight inside the tube.....
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

My favorite method is sort of a semi texas rig. Start by shoving a 1/8 oz bell sinker inside the tube until the ring on the end of the weight bulges(but doesn't break) the end of the tube. Take a Shaw grigsby HP hook and peirce the end of the tube while going through the ring of the weight. from there on it is a straight texas rig. C lear as mud right? It's much easier to demonstrate than explain, so come on out and I will show you.

Ed Toobinator Puddephatt