Report:Looking for campground + good fishing east of Ottawa

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

fisherguy33 wrote:Ha, I wish! She enjoys it in small doses. She especially likes trolling for pike. Nevertheless, she outfishes me 9/10...I find them they catch them is a theme with pretty much all my fishing adventures.
If anyone joins FH it'll be my dog Muskie. She starts pawing at the water and whining if we go too long without boating anything. All hell breaks loose when we're fighting a fishl
Classic! My German Shepherd is scared of the dock, he wouldn't step foot in a boat!
Scumking
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scumking »

Hey Yannick, great report.I was thinking of trying the same park.How did you like it? Looking for a place to take my son

Oh yeah how the Phleuger holding up?

Again Great report.

Ron
Yannick Loranger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Yannick Loranger »

Hi Ron,
First of all, I love the Pflueger, it's my first baitcaster and I've gotten the hang of casting with it now. No real birdsnests yet. I've got it on a flipping stick so casting distance isn't phenomonal but it's better than the average spinning reel. It's a great frogging combo and does a good job with flipping/pitching. I'll be putting up a report soon.

As for the park, the fishing was good. We really only fished for pike by trolling spoons (williams wabblers) in a deeper part of a bay(6-8 fow) near the main river channel. Saw lots of guys fishing for walleye though, but it was a bit of a haul in my tinny. The boat launch is pretty shallow but I saw someone but in a 16.5 walleye boat in. There's another thread on parks going right now, check that one too.

Tight lines,
Yannick
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Great report and great pic's!

Your fiancee sure does well for someone who only enjoys fishing in small doses.

Love the doggie. Ours love the boat, too, though one is just crazy for fishing and the other doesn't seem to care less.

As to odd contraptions-lures, my husband had me laughing with a buzz-bait concoction he rigged up...until he started catching bass with it. :oops: :lol:

W.