any advice for Mississagagon Lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Fishnut 1
Participant
Participant

any advice for Mississagagon Lake

Post by Fishnut 1 »

Going to Mississagagon Lake on Tues. for 5 days, will be fishing for walleye and bass. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Walleye Trough

Post by Cyber »

Don't know exactly where yer stayin'??? :? :? If it's Twin Pines or Lancaster's I know the area a little. :wink: :)

If you go straight outta that big bay & head towards the opposite shore you'll see a small island about 1/2 way across the lake. Then look to the west and you'll see a very tiny island they call "Flowerpot" Island. I've had great success trolling between those two islands, once you find the 'trough' just troll back & forth in a zig-zag pattern & you should pick up some nice 'eyes! :wink: I used a Chartreuse Big 'O' , a Perch Wally Diver or Deep Tail Dancer & caught 22" & 23" Wally's in mid-afternoon. :shock: It was a good spot for me, good luck to ya, it's a nice lake!! :D
Fishnut 1
Participant
Participant

Post by Fishnut 1 »

Where staying at Twin Pines and will be there this tues.Thanks for the info and looking forward to eating some walleye.
barrynesbit
Participant
Participant

Post by barrynesbit »

Where on the lake is Twin Pines? I'll be at Mississagagon this weekend and am trying to get an idea of where this is on the lake.

Thanks,

Barry
barrynesbit
Participant
Participant

Post by barrynesbit »

Where on the lake is Twin Pines? I'll be at Mississagagon this weekend and am trying to get an idea of where this is on the lake, as I'd like to pick up a few walleyes.
Scumking
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scumking »

Little curious how you stayed at Twin Pines :shock:.It's been shutdown for nearly 3 years now and replaced with a fractional time share called Frontenac shores.Huge cedar vacation homes where twin pines used to be.

Ron
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

If you happen to know the people that own that property then you can most likely make arrangements to stay in one of the many old cabins that still stand. :wink: :wink:

As for location of Twin Pines , it's on the south shore approx. middle of the lake (maybe a bit closer to east end). Twin Pines, 'Frontenac Shores', and Lancasters Resort all accessed by the same road off 508 (or is it 506??) between Ardoch and Hwy 41 (Cloyne).

They haven't torn them all down yet as the 'fractional ownership' cottages are being built over a period of time as they are 'sold off'. :roll: :evil:

Lovely place, some great fishing in that lake as well. :D