Your least favorite and favorite fishing shows on TV

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Your least favorite and favorite fishing shows on TV

Post by riverdog »

Okay I was going to poll this but it would take for ever to list all shows. I have two shows that come to mind right away and here is why I don't like them.
Least Favorite
1st goes to Lunkerville - seriously its like trailer park boys gone fishing if you like 1/2lb bass and stupid questions this show is for you!
2nd Canadain sportfishing Italo seems to fumble more fish than my 4 year old girl and looks like a rookie when unhooking fish from perch to pike, nice website though!
3rd Any salt water show!
Favorites
-FOF Dave Mercier love the smallies
-RFS-Bob and the boys love Bob and his multi-specie/season shows
-FC - great group of guys
-GF- Love Gronzy and his campfire moments kinda like the Don Cherry of fishing.
Last edited by riverdog on Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

these discussions generally get locked - as a site sponser gets a bad word said about them.

However, i'll play.

My favorite fishing shows are Mark Karupa for Northern Fishing, Cronzy for Great Lakes fishing, and Karl Kalonka for Largie fishing.

Karupa shows and does what others will not. He'll camp in a tent in the middle of the extreme north to get his episode. I fair say Italo wouldn't be up for that.

Cronz - well, what can I say. The reason you hate him is the reason I love him.

KK - sloppy Largie goodness.
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by riverdog »

I hope this topic don't get locked. Its should be looked at as feedback from the people that are watching! Should be a lot of different likes and dislikes and maybe some sure winners!
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Fishful Thinking - Charlie Wray is our favourite

My son & I enjoy this show because
(1) Charlie is down to earth
(2) Explains the how more than "look what I caught"
(3) Doesn't have the attitudes seen on many of the other shows.

Charlie would be a welcome guest in my boat anyday. The others, well, not welcome on my boat...Staying positive - I won't mention the ones I can't stand to watch... :D
High Noon
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by High Noon »

Fishful Thinking.

For the same reasons Out4trout listed. The only problem is I never know when he is on and where. I suppose I could check him out on-line. All others are a distant second.

High Noon
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Chevy Champagne »

k this is good
favorate
1-facts of fishing DAVE IS HALARIOUS and a great guy

2-fishing canada i laugh everytime i see pete holding a big fish its almost as big as him

3-real fishing great show

LEAST FAVORATE

1-darl cronzys show all he does is keep fish then complains about how the fisheries are being out fished :roll:

2-lunkerville how do they have a fishing show the biggest fish caught on the show is a pound

3-salwater shows BOARING

great thread
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

although not 100% fishing show I always get a big laugh from Officialy Rugged ........ RD is very funny and a close second to Mercer in the comedy fishing shows

as others have said ..... lunkerville and the salt water shows BLOW
nips
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nips »

I agree with riverdog Lunkerville is terrible, I saw him fishing in ditches :oops: :oops:, how does this guy get a fishing show, I caught 45 perch this morning, where's my show :lol: :lol:. Canadian sport fishing is another brutal show, I watched it today for 5 minutes and Italo caught a walleye im guessing 5-6lbs, he says "oh this size is great for eating" WHAT?? :twisted: .

But what about fishing with Shelly and Courntey :lol: :lol: :lol: yes you can catch a salmon on a fly im aware, how about a little variety :lol: :lol: and there is too much salt water crap on the WFN

the Linder Boys are good teachers, but the Musky hunter is god :shock:
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

My favourites show are Real Fishing Show I really like Bob and the gang very good show and Bob is a very nice guy to meet him before :) . Then all say Extreme Angler because Karl really knows is bass fishing and always does a good show and finally I say Fishing Canada because of the laugh of the guys.

The show I hate the most are like other said Going Fishing. Darryl always said shore lunch and allways complaining about the fisheries in Ontario and always kept fish for is shore lunch and always said paradised and is camp fire comments. Lunkerville as a close 2nd like you said he always catch small bass and fish in ditches like body of water.
The_Captain!
Participant
Participant

Post by The_Captain! »

Favourite shows: Going Fishing with Cronzy, The Real Fishing Show with Izumi and Fishin' Canada with Violas and Pete Bowman. Officially Rugged

Least Favourite: Fins and Skins, Canadian Sportfishing, Dave Mercer's show, Sportfishing B.C., show
adempsey
Participant
Participant

Post by adempsey »

I dislike Gillznfinz. That show needs to be canned.

I don't really like Mariko Izumi's show either. I don't mind watching her, but it has nothing to do with fishing.

Not really into the salt water fishing shows either, but that doesn't mean they are bad shows. Just no interest. Although, I don't mind FLW Tour at times.

I like JP Derose, Musky Hunter and Dave Mercer to name a few.

Any show that actually teaches me something, albeit methods, new tackle, new resort, new lake, any actual information, I enjoy. If it's just a bunch of guys goofing around or simply catching fish and going nuts about it, I don't really enjoy watching. Thankfully there is plenty of the former, but still too many of the latter.

My biggest problem, at least with WFN, is that when I actually sit down to watch it, a movie or infommercial is on! Argghh.
I-make-stink-bait
Participant
Participant

Post by I-make-stink-bait »

I'd have to agree with any Salt Water Show, but first and foremost Fishing the Flats is pretty brutal. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I don't realy ever see myself standing knee deep on a tropical beach trying to catch bone fish. I mean honestly, how many times has that episode been on TV??? Every time Fishing the Flats is on...

Favorite Fishing Show has got to be Fish'n Canada.

Anyone else think Pete Bowman should grow the Mullet back?

Musky hunter is pretty solid as well.
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Carl »

I'm not a big fan of fishing shows but I do like Chronzy. I get a kick out of his attitude and honesty.

How can you not like to watch the Pro Tarpon Tour. Not a salt water guy but seeing those fish fight in those confined conditions is awesome.
hook&shoot
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by hook&shoot »

Don't watch many but...

Dimestore Fisherman irritating IMO :twisted: :twisted:

Charlie on Fishful Thinking is cool :wink:
H&S
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »