Big THANKS to MLS Small Engine Repair

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Quit stirring the pot Peter... :shock:

Your picking up some of my Bad Habits... :wink: 8) :lol: :lol:
mikemicropterus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

it's lunchtime

Post by mikemicropterus »

:wink: I think FishHawk and it's members are the best and I glad I found a site like this. :roll:

As for anything else :wink: :mrgreen:
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. Henry David Thoreau

Read my Blogs on http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/auth ... rstorm-ca/

Listen to Podcasts on http://www.spreaker.com/show/lanark_county_confidential
CCLad
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

me

Post by CCLad »

Exspecially ME - I like me.

That is all......
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

Wallyboss wrote: he raised the motor on mine last spring and it's like I am driving a new boat.
I remember this conversation all too well. Yes I have thought about trying it based upon his recommendation.

I guess I am hesitant to in case it doesn't work. Sounds like a pain to raise it and then lower it back.

Maybe one day.
rayyronn
Participant
Participant

Post by rayyronn »

Let me tell you about my experience with MLS. I brought 2 outboards there in mid April. It was explained that one had possibley overheated. Mike said the other needed the gas tank etched and relined. I started leaving messages in June. No reply. July same thing no call back. By August I was leaving messages twice a day. This guy refused to call me back and tell me what was going on with the motors. Finally I went to the shop one Sunday morning. A woman answered the door and politely said I had just missed Mike. As soon as I mentioned the two motors her attitude changed drastically. " Was I the one that kept calling them?"
I said all I wanted to know was what was going on with the motors. "Well maybe he is busy" Come on- too busy to answer a phone call. It had been four months by then. I was then told to take my motors and leave. One of them was in the test tank I did not see the other. I asked if I could leave it and that Mike please call me as soon as he could. A week went by with no call. Saturday morning I went back to the shop to get my two motors. Found Mike inside the shop. When I asked him why he would not return any of my calls he shrugged his shoulders and said he had no excuse and that was no way to do business. I took the 9.9 saying I wanted to test run it before paying him. He said he had about $500-$600 of parts into it. The other motor was in pieces on the floor. Yes thats four months later. The motor was not taken for a test run but instead taken directly to another mechanic. NO COMPRESSION. HMMMM $500-600 in parts alone for a motor with no compression, I dont think so. I never called him back and suprisingly he never called me. Now he may or may not be out the price of the parts but I am without my 2HP that was left on the shop floor in pieces.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

rayyronn wrote:Let me tell you about my experience with MLS. I brought 2 outboards there in mid April. It was explained that one had possibley overheated. Mike said the other needed the gas tank etched and relined. I started leaving messages in June. No reply. July same thing no call back. By August I was leaving messages twice a day. This guy refused to call me back and tell me what was going on with the motors. Finally I went to the shop one Sunday morning. A woman answered the door and politely said I had just missed Mike. As soon as I mentioned the two motors her attitude changed drastically. " Was I the one that kept calling them?"
I said all I wanted to know was what was going on with the motors. "Well maybe he is busy" Come on- too busy to answer a phone call. It had been four months by then. I was then told to take my motors and leave. One of them was in the test tank I did not see the other. I asked if I could leave it and that Mike please call me as soon as he could. A week went by with no call. Saturday morning I went back to the shop to get my two motors. Found Mike inside the shop. When I asked him why he would not return any of my calls he shrugged his shoulders and said he had no excuse and that was no way to do business. I took the 9.9 saying I wanted to test run it before paying him. He said he had about $500-$600 of parts into it. The other motor was in pieces on the floor. Yes thats four months later. The motor was not taken for a test run but instead taken directly to another mechanic. NO COMPRESSION. HMMMM $500-600 in parts alone for a motor with no compression, I dont think so. I never called him back and suprisingly he never called me. Now he may or may not be out the price of the parts but I am without my 2HP that was left on the shop floor in pieces.

I think you just rained on MLS's parade... :shock: :lol: :lol:
rayyronn
Participant
Participant

Post by rayyronn »

I brought the motors there because of the positive feed back I read on this site. Sorry but I'm just reporting my negative experience I had with MLS. Any others?
The_Captain!
Participant
Participant

Post by The_Captain! »

Well, if your 2HP is still there we can get it back. The whole situation seems odd too me.

The guy posting only had a 5 minute problem on his auger that he fixed right there and then.

If you have identification on the 2HP I can go get it right away. But if its in pieces its a whole different problem...

From what I have read about the guy he seems top-notch... hope its just a misunderstanding. But if not, send me a PM if recovery might be a problem.
Mr. T.
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mr. T. »

Seeing as how JFTV and mikemicropterus fished together in the BAOO last summer, I would think they would help each other out when they can. :)
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Yes, very true...

We did fish the BAOO.

But keep in mind...this was not "partner" related.
This is someones business and their trade.

They DID a HUGE favor by being able to quickly fix a problem....I'm giving credit where it is due...

Please don't turn a well intended posting into a pi$$ing contest.
Muskie4L
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskie4L »

I removed the last two posts, Keep the crap out of the topic please. Personal attacks = a disabled account
Big Bass 444
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Big Bass 444 »

I had the chance to fish with Mike last year. Mike is a good angler and I like his ''tubes'' technics and approach. We had our differences but I believe that Mike is a good guy with lot's of experience in the fishing buisness and boats / engines repairs. All my respect to the guy for that.

Yan.
Sniper
Participant
Participant

Post by Sniper »

That is why i fix my own stuff, I know im not getting screwed over on the price of parts and its free labour. just my take on the whole thing. And yes sometimes it learn as you go.
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

I rolled the dice and dropped my Jiffy off at Mike's on a Friday afternoon. Told him what the auger was doing, and what it wasn't doing. He told me that he should be able to have it ready for me the the following Thursday. Mike called early Thursday afternoon and said the auger was ready to be picked up.

My auger now runs better than it ever has.

As far as I am concerned, Mike is a straight shooter and knows his 2 strokes.