Kayakers - Question for ya....

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

BA - :lol: :lol: :lol:
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

B.A you better get a yak man..you sher look to stress you need some paddling in your life. :lol:

i imagine all those x lakes that as no boat launch. :lol: :wink:

so not even a 2 min to wait.

it still take me less time to unload a yak off my trailer then a solo guy doing is boats on a trailer

joco
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

hey steve.. wen this happen.?

no a few guy in that area that fish frome kayak..might have a few words wit them..ahaha

joco
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

joco wrote:.

it still take me less time to unload a yak off my trailer then a solo guy doing is boats on a trailer

joco
Don't worry Joco

.I've gone BALLASTIC on some Bass Boat guys too...Once it was in a tournament ......I think the two guys were Zombie's

:P :P :P
There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

dont get me start on the bass boats,

(((((some)))))))off them buy those to show off ..so longer it take better it is. :lol: ..

some wont like that coment but its so true.

joco.
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

happens at a local launch in Hamilton Harbour called "lasalle". Not the best launch...problem there is it's a single launch, so one person at a time...

it also happens at our main launch, bayfront park. but there its double wide...so i just blast up beside the yaker loading/unloading and dump my boat before he even looks up....no problems on the double wide ramps...

again, i just picture dad and me using a launch ramp with our 14' canoe and 2hp....that would just be funny....dad would pull up to shore, never a ramp, then we'd pick up the canoe, all it's contents inside, and drag it up on shore....

however, with the way these yaks are these days, i'm not sure how much draggin' on shore you would want to do...i give you credit there.
fiiish
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fiiish »

I've seen it happen before too, only these people took their sweet butt time. I'm not sure how long they were there before we showed up but their kayaks were already in the water and we then waited about 8 or 9 minutes for them to load their kayaks and move their car. :roll:

We launched our 16' boat, parked the truck and were gone from the launch in about 2 minutes total.

Bass Addict wrote:...All hell brakes loose.......
Where have I heard something about brakes loose before??? Hmm...

OH YEA!!! NOW I REMEMBER!!!!

Looks like the brakes were loose for sure. :wink:
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

something tells me that launch time was a little longer than 10 minutes....
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

i do drag mine if its in sand and grass..but try not to in rocks.

but like i said before..90% not on boat launch anyway.

and wen i do use ones..we dont have mutcj small ones here the one in gatinau i go its like 7 boat large so no presurr there.

any way the main word.......RESPECT TO ALL.

should be easy but its not always the case.

have a great good 2010 boathing season and not to mutch asle for those darn yakers. :lol: .steve. :wink:
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

It all comes down to common courtesy. Every year on multiple occasions people show up at boat launches not prepared, back the boat down to launch, then get all of their stuff out of the car or truck and load it into the boat, back into the water, then pull out of the water to double check that the drain plug is in. Same thing when it comes time to load their boats, get it on the trailer, pull ahead, then unload the gear into the vehicle while the rest of us are waiting to use the launch.

Will I continue to back down to a launch to unload my kayak if the launch is the only reasonable place to unload without multiple trips to the parking lot-yes I will

Will I continue to stop in the parking lot, put the drain plug in the boat, rods and gear etc before even thinking of backing into the launch- yes

Do I wish everyone else would do the same - yes

Do all boaters do this - no

Do I get my panties all bunched up over it - no, life is to short, and I won't let something like that wreck a good day of fishing. I understand not everyone is as perfect as me.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

hey fiiish was this in constance lake.? :lol:

joco
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

fiiish wrote:

I remember that day well..........There were three Kayaks Blocking the launch so I just drove around them ..so I could land the boat a little quicker......... :wink: 8) 8)
There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

sher was quiker.. :roll: :lol: :lol: .

i taught it was the way to unlaod the tin boat off the roff car in a heart beat.down to water.

joco :lol:
Scumking
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scumking »

joco wrote:dont get me start on the bass boats,

(((((some)))))))off them buy those to show off ..so longer it take better it is. :lol: ..

some wont like that coment but its so true.

joco.
Whoa Joco, in my experience with bassboats the majority of bassboats get off the water in less tha 2 minutes if done right, funny you brought that into this discussion.

Not showoffs but usually guys who know what they are doing at tthe ramp,of course you might have the odd clown :lol: .Discussion was about Kayaks if I recall.Sounds like you got it right.

Ron
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

Scumking

first wen read right..i did not braught the bass boat in this..i just saw the 2 words and it got to me.haahha

i am just saying the truth what other people wont say.

sher some are fast at the boat launch and no what there doing.like all boaters.

if you are 2 people it can be done prety fast wen alone..its fast but still cant take a bit more...unty the bpat ty the rop pull unty the rope put the boat abit beside you park the truck come back and so on..a good deference bet alone and 2 guys.

you can see the word...''''''SOME'''''' in my saying there..so that meen some not all.

for the show off some the hat will fit them pretty good.

but even for show off....there some place for that i can see some are proud off is boat..some are very nice fishing machine..just go in a place that you show your boat...there some boat show..same as the old cars in the parking lot..

nothing wrong to show a nice boats and be pround off it..just do it the right way.

just dont take you time at the boat launch for that or try to impress by almost killing people by passing to fast close to other boats or people or shore.

joco