Need to recognize a local (eastern ontario) shop

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

Well I'm not happy with Ed! Not even a little. That frigg'n guy is costing me $20k.

I go in to see him sometime around Feb/March this year, he sells me exactly what I need, and everything I want, does it with a smile and some great advise.. even as I'm driving away I'm thinking he rang the prices thru wrong it was so good... I'm not kidding, my wife and I pulled over to review the recipt to be sure before we got back to ottawa...

The only thing better than his prices are the advise, and his prices are killer.... so I think...

I get home, drool over my new kit-and-kaboodal... waiting for softer water... I've even been out for walleyes a few times with a handful of kit...

But, now that bass-season is almost here.... I realize that I have over 15 frigg'n rods because of this guy, and at least 8 trays of baits/lures! What is this man doing to me... I cannot fit this all into my little Lund... It's only 16feet!

So, now I got to go buy a bigger boat. The wife's pee pee off, the bank's pee pee off, my accountant's pee pee off... oh hell, do not even get me started on the neighbours now that a bigger boat's going to be in the driveway....

THANKS ED!
bassman40
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bassman40 »

You simply can't go wrong with Ed/Paddletails. As a regular customer, I attest to Ed's service and quality personality.

To demonstrate this, let me tell ya a story of my last excursion......I decided to head over to Ed's store a week prior to the last chicken palooza as the wife had plans for me that weekend.
so off i go to Ed's. I get there and the place is empty with poor Ed sitting there by his new counter display. Once the salutations were over, I quickly got down to shopping. After loading up stuff on his new counter, I got a glimpse of the rod selection Ed had. We talked and as usual, Ed provided awesome advise. I finally decided on a rod and advised Ed that the pile of stuff at the counter was enough.
As Ed rang up the sale, we chatted further with a mix of Ed's famous fishing tales and tribulations on the water. Like a 4 yr old hanging on every word, I admit to have gotten distracted and worked up over the prospects of the comming bass season and using all my new stuff!
Ed then kindly advised me to pay at "cash#2" on my way out.
Finally bidding him adieu, I promptly hurried to my truck and drove away home to play with my new stuff.
24 hours later I get a call from Ed. I was surprised but hear from him and thought he was going to pass on even further advice and tips, but that wasn't the reason he called.
Ed kindly reminded me that in my "haste" of getting home with all my new stuff that I forgot to check-out at "cash #2"!
Embarrassed as heck, I promptly provided my credit card for processing.
Ed took it all in stride and advise he's never seen this happen before.
I told him that next time to hold my hand until I get to "cash#2" to ensure I pay!!! :lol:

thanks Ed for understanding and providing awesome tales, advice and service!

Scott Turner
Joey Rat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Buying local

Post by Joey Rat »

I know this thing could get very redundent but none of the praised for Ed surprises me in the least.

Great selection (and if he doesn't have it, he can probably get it), competitive pricing and maybe most importantly excellent customer service.

Like Hookup I could blame Ed for costing me hundreds or even thousands of dollars but to paraphrase Jimmy Buffet, " but I know, it's my own damn fault".

Lets not overlook Bits & Baits, Manotick Baits, Bennetts, Bait Casters and some of the other local retailers.
I'm just another beer drinker with a fishing problem!
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Buying local

Post by Hookup »

Joey Rat wrote: Lets not overlook Bits & Baits, Manotick Baits, Bennetts, Bait Casters and some of the other local retailers.
I've been in some of those, not all, but never a negative word has been heard about these retailers.... We're pretty darn lucky...
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Steve: It's not that they are out of stock in Peterborough, they just don't use that for a warehouse as much as they used to. There are huge warehouses in North Carolina and California that ship to Peterborough pretty much on a weekly basis. On their business programme, I can go online and see where there is inventory and if there is none, when they expect to be restocked. I've used this programme for the past 2 or 3 years and actually found it pretty efficient. I only have to pay for shipping from the Canadian offices.

However, there are some issues with supply of some items such as the Stradic CI4, but that's because the demand is greater then they can supply.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
IanD
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by IanD »

toobinator wrote: deep fried starling.

Ed
Damn, that sounds good. I'll be up tomorrow for a couple of wings and a thigh.

Ian
Dobyns Rods Pro Staff
The Rod Glove Pro Staff
Paddletales
IanD
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by IanD »

toobinator wrote: deep fried starling.

Ed
Damn, that sounds good. I'll be up tomorrow for a couple of wings and a thigh.

Ian
Dobyns Rods Pro Staff
The Rod Glove Pro Staff
Paddletales
Scumking
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scumking »

Had to chime in on this one. I had the chance a few years back to attend one of Ed's Wing ding.Poultry Palooza what ever you want call it in store events.For those who are unfamiliar with these events its when Ed opens up the store with all kinds of deals and then serves either deep fried Turkey or Chicken :lol: C This was my first time and i was quite taken by his hospitality. The following year I had lost my partner at the rumble in Rockland and Ed showed up to fill in. We had a great day and it was much appreciated. Ed took me all over the Ottawa.

Since that first I'll call it "Poultry event" I 've had the chance to attend many more and my tackle supply has grown in leaps and bounds and the waistline almost as much LOL :shock: . ED We will continue to make the trip from Montreal as it's always a treat. You're dedcication to customers is simply great as always keep it up. I'll be there soon for a new GPS/Sonar for my new boat.

Thanks Again

Ron AKA Scumking/Scummer
Big Jim
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

NO CHICKEN...but lots of IZUMI coming up.

Post by Big Jim »

Well I arrrived at Paddltales all ready to eat :D chicken ...had a bib on and the teeth were already chattering from about the turn off at the 401 to get to some wings ...only thing I saw was a birthday cake about the size of a footlball field :shock: with about two first downs already cut out of it...can't have that as I am diabetic.

Then Ed and Phil (realizing the blunder :oops: )make the immediate offer to head over to the foodliner in town and pick up a bucket of the famous Pallooza Poultry but I gracefully decline :( since I have been watching my figure more closely Ha! Ha! Ya right!!!!

Anyway, the evening was a hoot as usual and I made the 70 minute trek back to Brock-Vegas and had a peanut butter samich for dinner.

Now comes the good part of the week...packing for 4 days at La Reserve Beauchene with my good buddy Mr. Izumi 8) to film a show or two and have a few days of fun fishing and male bonding time which I am really due for....been a long winter and spring...with tons of travel and promo's...

Thanks to Eddie, Mrs. Eddie, and Phil 8)

LARGE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~out' to Beauchene...brookies, bass'es's, walleye, lakers but alas...no PALLOOZA POULTRY :cry:
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: NO CHICKEN...but lots of IZUMI coming up.

Post by big-o »

Big Jim wrote:Well I arrrived at Paddltales all ready to eat :D chicken ...had a bib on and the teeth were already chattering from about the turn off at the 401 to get to some wings ...only thing I saw was a birthday cake about the size of a footlball field :shock: with about two first downs already cut out of it...can't have that as I am diabetic.

Then Ed and Phil (realizing the blunder :oops: )make the immediate offer to head over to the foodliner in town and pick up a bucket of the famous Pallooza Poultry but I gracefully decline :( since I have been watching my figure more closely Ha! Ha! Ya right!!!!

Anyway, the evening was a hoot as usual and I made the 70 minute trek back to Brock-Vegas and had a peanut butter samich for dinner.

Now comes the good part of the week...packing for 4 days at La Reserve Beauchene with my good buddy Mr. Izumi 8) to film a show or two and have a few days of fun fishing and male bonding time which I am really due for....been a long winter and spring...with tons of travel and promo's...

Thanks to Eddie, Mrs. Eddie, and Phil 8)

LARGE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~out' to Beauchene...brookies, bass'es's, walleye, lakers but alas...no PALLOOZA POULTRY :cry:
I have to admit, seeing you walk threw the back door with that green bib on, looking for Chicken was one of the funnest moments I had at our thursday night meeting of the minds, I should have gone over and got you the chicken, I noticed you were looking a little thin in the skin :wink: looking forward to our next meeting... remember the offer still stands, if you cant make the fishing trip with Mr Izumi at La Beauchene, I can fill in for you,it would be tough but I might be able to manage it,but that s what fiends are for :lol:
I didn't know there was a shortage of CI4's, I bought 3 off Ed last week :?