Unreal...the night I don't have a camera

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Todd B. wrote:.
the fish must be released immediately back to the water..

Immediately is simply a Figure of Speech..... :wink:
Muskie4L
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskie4L »

Still waiting to see if this Horse comes back to life or did we beat it to death enough for 2010 :lol:

After all we have to leave some for 2011 :roll:
HaZarD
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HaZarD »

So NOOO ONE HERE has taken the fish out of water, Removed lure, and Drooled at what they had then put it back in? NO ONE?

You all just brought it up, took out the lure, and plop it went back into the water?

Some peoples arses are so tight in here that im suprised when you stand up the seat your on doesnt go with you.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

HaZarD wrote:So NOOO ONE HERE has taken the fish out of water, Removed lure, and Drooled at what they had then put it back in? NO ONE?

You all just brought it up, took out the lure, and plop it went back into the water?

Some peoples arses are so tight in here that im suprised when you stand up the seat your on doesnt go with you.
:D :D :D :D :!: :!: :!: :!:
Dutchydr
Participant
Participant

Post by Dutchydr »

HaZarD wrote:So NOOO ONE HERE has taken the fish out of water, Removed lure, and Drooled at what they had then put it back in? NO ONE?

The above is another example of why I love the internet so much...

Today went out with a buddy for pike..my buddy caught a few hammer handles, but nothing worth mentioning. We started catching bass, so we moved...caught more bass...moved and switched lure type/color..caught more bass...and a monster Perch. We got rained out eventually, but all in all a good day on the water.

Pictures I dont care if you like or not
:lol:

slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

As many have missed the point here including you Dutchydr, your photo of a tiny Largemouth Bass that is OOS is not permitted here.

The rules of the site are really simple, I engage everyone here to check them out.

Please take a moment to think about what I've said before taking a run at me :wink:

Thanks.
Dutchydr
Participant
Participant

Post by Dutchydr »

I did not take a run at any one person, unlike you; I did not single any one out by mentioning names...relax, did you miss the smiley face?
People are silly.

The bass is small yes..was kinda the point of the picture. It shows I was not out throwing bass specific lures around the shore. I was fishing Pike, caught a few bass...took a picture.

Its the internet...expect things you dont like and varied opinions.
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

I hate to have to explain this to you Dutchy, but there is a huge monumental, colossal difference between following the rules here and having an opinion.

I will rarely, if ever bring my opinion here as there are many that can provide for me....but Dutchy....you need to look at some basic rules of the the site.

Ditch the Bass photo!
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Don't have to agree with the rules, but you have to follow them!!
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
scuro
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scuro »

HaZarD wrote:So NOOO ONE HERE has taken the fish out of water, Removed lure, and Drooled at what they had then put it back in? NO ONE? You all just brought it up, took out the lure, and plop it went back into the water? Some peoples arses are so tight in here that im suprised when you stand up the seat your on doesnt go with you.
Drool in that brief moment while you unhook that oos bass. Any sort of lingering, measuring, photos...is the few seconds a bottom feeder needs to hoover most of the eggs if they haven't already done so. These bottom feeders will actually wait nearby for just such an opportunity.

I'd rather have a tight arse than not be able to follow the simple logic of action to consequence.
ganman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ganman »

Dutchy....you might think you're a wise guy but to me you're totally ignorant and need educating. If not for yourself then for the poor bass in that lake. If you are consistently catching LMB while pike fishing this time of the year you are doing something wrong. Either it's the wrong lake, wrong place, wrong technique etc.. My first impression is that if you only caught hammerhandles as well as a bunch of LMB indicates you are most likely too shallow.

Others please don't come here and tell me its unavoidable because while I concede it does happen it should not be happening very much.

In about a dozen outings for pike, walleye and trout I caught one OOS muskie while catching dozens of targeted species. In my last outing I got blanked on walleye but caught my first OOS LMB. Like I said it does happen.
HaZarD
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HaZarD »

Ganman. I catch pike in 3-10ft of water near petrie. Sounds to me like Dutchy was doing the same type of stuff where he was fishing.

That lure thats on that one bass and the pig perch catch pike like mad. I have both myself. Hes targeting pike 100% but sometimes bass are crazy hungry and if my mind serves me correctly where hes catchin them thats Pike territory. Bass arent normally there.

Dunno why you all are INSTANT MNR POLICE all of a sudden. I think your all jealous of catchin fat arse OOS fish and not taking pictures as your buddy is gettin them off the HOOK and putting them back.

All I see that Dutchy has DONE was take pictures of his buddy catchin and releasing immediately some OOS Bass.. That one pic looks like his buddy is assisting him with the fish on his line.

Quote this "What harm is done if your unhooking an OOS fish and your buddy is snapping photos?"

OMG CAMERA RUN! MNR WILL FIND U!
Dutchydr
Participant
Participant

Post by Dutchydr »

You people are too funny... maybe some of you also need some educating in the English language.. I said we caught bass...so we moved locations, switched lure type, lure size and colors...

I have been fishing that lake for twenty years.. and I have a hard time believing I catch the odd OOS bass because of my lack of fishing knowledge.
What would be wrong of me, was if I stayed and did not make any effort to stop catching them.

The internet is full of keyboard ninjas....be careful out there.
HaZarD
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HaZarD »

Getting these errors. Hence the multi posting

Could not obtain common word list

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1104 The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay

SELECT word_id FROM phpbb_search_wordmatch GROUP BY word_id HAVING COUNT(word_id) > 106663

Line : 313
File : functions_search.php
Last edited by HaZarD on Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HaZarD
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HaZarD »

Delete
Last edited by HaZarD on Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.