ORWL on Black Donald/ Centennial

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
john c
Participant
Participant

ORWL on Black Donald/ Centennial

Post by john c »

On Saturday July 3, the ORWL hit the waters of Black Donald/ Centennial Lake for the 4th event. It took 4 events, but we finally got a day of sun and it was hot. The day began at 8am out of Black Donald Tent and Trailer with a good number of members in attendance.
After last year's event at this location, we expected a large number of fish to be caught on this body of water and it didn't disappoint; 2/3 of the members came in with full day’s scorecards.
A number of walleyes were caught on the outside edges of drop-offs and humps, with the most productive tactics being a jig with a minnow, and bottom bouncing with slow death.
We ended a great day with some shade, cold drinks, and a BBQ.

Thanks to Ann at Black Donald Tent and Trailer for her help and their great facilities.

Check out http://www.orwl.ca/board/viewforum.php?f=27 for more reports.
John Cheng
Eastern Lake Ontario Walleye Guide - Kingston
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

Sounds like a fun event. I still need to try and make one of these.

Too bad Ann wasn't cookin for you. Her and her sister (my buddies mom) throw a mean dinner the first Saturday of deer season.
bananaboat
Participant
Participant

Post by bananaboat »

I was wondering why there were a bunch of boats on the large sunken island last Saturday. Glad to hear everyone did well. Walleyes seem to be in all their regular summer haunts.