Do you not post because of....

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.

DO YOU NOT POST BECAUSE

afraid of responses
12%
do not want nasty posts
10%
I get to many hate pm's after
No votes
nobody ever has anything good to say so why bother
59%
I cant figure out how to post the pictures
18%

Total votes: 49

cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Bass Addict wrote:
joco wrote:
what is sad we see more response in tread that are not abaout a report.

Thats the problem with '' FISH '' hawk right there.. :oops: :oops:
One of the short comings that may or may not surface is the prevailing "Wisdom" that will certainly surface is; "If you don't like it, don't the the door hit you where the good Lord split you"!

Good idea for a thread that could possibly be a catalyst for some positive change or evolution... if only the person or people who actually can institute any meaningful change would read their own site, only then can something actually be done.

:roll:

Craig
biggs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by biggs »

To be honest I have pretty much given up on posting topics here a long time ago because of the answers I have been given in the past. No offence but I find there are a handful of members here who really aren't very helpful and only reply with sarcastic answers that take away from the original question.

I do occasionally look at this forum and occationally try and answer other members questions but I have found other forums that I find have more people willing to help with real answers and not just smart butt comments.

It is actually kind of sad because when I first joined this site I had high hopes.

Just my opinion.
Daner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Daner »

If I may - We as humans all like attention. We look for rewards. Some of us also like to please. We post for in site. We reply to be part of something we can provide or would like to learn more about. It could very well be the picture posting issue, however Cprince has done a great job helping others.
But I don't think photos are the reason. If you look at some of the posts, they are very well done. It appears that we have writers in the house. To me it takes time and patience. It also takes guts to not only show off, but to accept what may come! - Just my thoughts, and my adventure post will come soon!!! :)
A Fish a Day, will keep the Blues away!
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

cprince wrote: One of the short comings that may or may not surface is the prevailing "Wisdom" that will certainly surface is; "If you don't like it, don't the the door hit youl:

Craig
Oh ,,Yes yes now I remember..........

Fish-Hawks Motto.......If you don't like this site , you can always leave.. :roll:
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

Bass Addict wrote:
cprince wrote: One of the short comings that may or may not surface is the prevailing "Wisdom" that will certainly surface is; "If you don't like it, don't the the door hit youl:

Craig
Oh ,,Yes yes now I remember..........

Fish-Hawks Motto.......If you don't like this site , you can always leave.. :roll:

true...no one is forcing anyone to read anything ..dont like something dont rad it..or just dont plain come here at all.

tons off people and lurk..for what..to see what wasw caught where.?...spots lurker...hey spot are said why not.

and lets face it..ok some wont like this..but some like the attention.they get... :lol: ..but again they can be roud off there catch so why not.

joco
Daner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Daner »

Some real good crap coming out of Alcove this year!!!
thundercraft
Participant
Participant

Post by thundercraft »

Gets a little old when the Bass and Muskie jokers are
fighting over the size of there fish on the computer.

Seems to be a small group on here with there childish
fights that makes most of us not take it serious.
Daner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Daner »

:o :wink: :) :!:
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

Daner wrote: Just my thoughts, and my adventure post will come soon!!! :)
Daner wrote:Are you lonely tonight,, are you feeling alright,, take it eeeasy!!
4 lb Smallies and 5 lb Largies. Lots of Sunfish as big as your hand.
Perch yes, big enough to warrant the eat! If we get lucky maybe a Lake Trout? Besides all that action - 3 kids, 2 adults and a table hockey night in Quebec Canada, with fireworks!
What are your plans for this weekend?

By the way, how do you post a picture in a post?
Thanks, Daner
What about your wild weekend Daner????.........did ya get any 4 or 5lb Largies :shock: :lol: :lol: ?????????.....who won the hockey game????????? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) :wink:
Scumking
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scumking »

Used to post frequently on this site,then I started to see changes. It first started wih pics of OOS fish where people would got lambbasted when posting a pic of a bass that was accidently caught. FH promptly put a stop to this to avoid constant problems.

The we saw a migration of core people who started this site heading somewhere else due to various issues.

Now we have recent posts aimed at the number of dead fish attributed to tournaments. I remeber the good old days when we saw Fantastic reports form Quinte/Westmeath etc. and not all this bitchin. Guys ask yourself when the last fishhawk adventure was? I'm not talkin Mr J's derby but a true adventure weekend when everybody would show up and have a good time

I can't understand how the posts with the most responses are always the ones where someone has to take a shot at another :cry:

Ron
Daner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Daner »

OK, for those of you who don't know, TroutnMuskieHunter is a very good friend. He is just communicating as I have mentioned in many posts.
I will post in August.
Daner[/img]
Daner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Daner »

Used to post frequently on this site,then I started to see changes. It first started wih pics of OOS fish where people would got lambbasted when posting a pic of a bass that was accidently caught. FH promptly put a stop to this to avoid constant problems.

The we saw a migration of core people who started this site heading somewhere else due to various issues.

Now we have recent posts aimed at the number of dead fish attributed to tournaments. I remeber the good old days when we saw Fantastic reports form Quinte/Westmeath etc. and not all this bitchin. Guys ask yourself when the last fishhawk adventure was? I'm not talkin Mr J's derby but a true adventure weekend when everybody would show up and have a good time

I can't understand how the posts with the most responses are always the ones where someone has to take a shot at another Crying or Very sad
:wink:
Mick
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mick »

Scumking wrote:The we saw a migration of core people who started this site heading somewhere else due to various issues.
The way i remember it many of those core people were causing those various issues and ironically left to start a private site because of all the issues
Scumking wrote:I can't understand how the posts with the most responses are always the ones where someone has to take a shot at another :cry:

Ron
And I`d say that this is an issue caused by various current core members. :)
Mick
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mick »

and personally i rarely post reports because I never have a camera in the boat with me and reports without pics don`t seem to generate a lot of interest on the site.

I was out today on the O river with a fellow FHer, a couple of dink bass, 4 pike and a bunch of freshly washed lures were all we had to show for our efforts.
Daner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Daner »

OK. I believe this post is about a vote. Please go to page one and vote!

I myself fish many times alone and I find it very hard to take a picture of a 10 lb Pike or a 10 lb Laker.
Still, I guess you post to show, and share.
So how do you separate good from not good?
Be specific when you post as to what you require. That would be a function of the moderators/site owner to lay the post language??>>>
No?