Great weekend Fishing

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RextypeS
Participant
Participant

Great weekend Fishing

Post by RextypeS »

Day 1 Rideau River

A couple of friends and I decided to go out fishing this weekend. On Saturday 3 of us hit up the Rideau River at Taylor park near Kars Ontario. We hit the water around 9 am with the intentions of pre fishing for the SEBO next weekend October 9th. Last time I fished this water was in a SEBO tournament abd we were doing very well the only down fall of the day is that I was using a different boat and didn't know that there was an empty switch in the boat for the live well and we ended up killing all our fish. 15lbs of fish by 10:30 in the morning all dead. That was the worst day I ever had. Now the difference between that day and Saturday is the temperature. Our spot was dead . By 3pm we had only caught 1 pike. Just as we were doing one last drift of a shore line I pitched a Texas rigged senco into a tree and waited. Sure enough I feel a hit and fish on finally a bass and a decent one for sure. The only bass of the day and it was a 3.5lb largie decent fish for sure

Day 2 Otter Lake

I'am not going to lie i was having a serious issue getting out of bed. My buddy called me asked if we were still going fishing. My bed was so comfortable but i decided yes i was going fishing and told him to meet me at Tim Horton's in Carleton Place. So we met and off we went to Otter Lake. We got on the water around noon man it was turning into a rough day. again by 3pm all i had got in the boat was a 4lb pike on my 3rd cast of the day. We drove around the lake hitting a couple spots that I usually hit and nothing not even a hit. So we decided to hit a spot that I was a little hesitant to hit because of the wind and my trolling motor batteries were almost dead. but we hit it any way. I through on my texas rigged Senco and cast out as far as I can and let it sit. after a minute or 2 of it just sitting there I feel a small tick. I set the hook and I am convinced it was a small perch and now all i have is weeds. But just to be cautious I keep tension on my line. I feel a head shake and now I know i have a fish. But even though there is a fish on the line I am still convince its a 1 pound fish with 10lbs of weeds. Now the only thing is I cant seem to pull it out from under my boat. I tell my buddy to get the net just in case. I Finally get the fish out from under the boat and there were no weeds attached at all its just a hawg. I finally get my nickle and my PB a 5.2lb largie

Now Just when you think the day cant get any better and after my break dance on the back deck and a 5lb cigar. We continued to fish the same shore line by buddy casts out to a dock and bam Fish on. Again he thinks that its nothing big why because its charging right at the boat and under the boat it goes. I Grab the net and he finally gets the fish beside the boat. Now here is where the excitement kick its i dip the net in to grab him but just as I do that the fish goes to run and I only get him half in the net. He kicks out of the net the hook goes flying but lucky I have very fast reflexes and I caught him mid air. Now I thought there is no way my fish was going to be beat for the day but man was I wrong. My friend just brought in a giant this beast was a 5.5lb smallie and she was beautiful.

Image[/url]

So I guess you could could say that quality is much better the quantity because this weekend was amazing and wouldnt trade it for a 100 fish day here are the release videos of both the fish

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hMgYPmA2rS4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6a4bLX-dSUg?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed>

Goody
http://www.bassanglersassociation.ca
Ottawa's Premier Bass Club Join in the Fun for 2010
http://www.goodyfishing.com
Want to follow what i am doing Check Out my Personal Website
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Very nice Goody. That is the Otter Lake I know and Love to Hate.

It's a tough fish 95% of the time.....but every now and then.....Bam!

Nice fish fellas...

RJ
JustinHoffman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JustinHoffman »

Beauty fish! Much like RJ.....I either LOVE Otter or utterly despise it! It does cough up some dandies when you can find them....and get them to bite.

Congrats on some fine catches..

Good Fishing,

Justin
Justin Hoffman
Field Editor - Ontario Out of Doors Magazine
Fishing Writer / Wildlife Photographer
www.JustinHoffmanOutdoors.com
tman12
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tman12 »

WOW!!!! GREAT FISH DUDE!!!
Formerly known as "The Torpedo"
bl8ant
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bl8ant »

I remember my only experience at that lake. Lets just say it was far from yours.

Congrats on those brutes boys!
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Nice bass guys :) .
gonefishin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by gonefishin »

Nice report, that smallie looks like a beast.
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by beachburger »

One fish, two fish. Big fish, bigger fish.

Nice work guys.