nickname origins

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
slushpuppy
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by slushpuppy »

That Boober, what a guy :lol: :lol:
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re..

Post by BBRich »

My name is Rich and I have a big.... "bass"
fish_head
Participant
Participant

Post by fish_head »

fish_head came about when guys at work started getting upset at me for singing the "fish heads" song from the early 90's Saturday Night Live I believe it was, either way, they got mad at me and one said :"I'm gonna give you a fish head, fish_head !" so, it kinda stuck, the guys on my hockey team call me that too now, it's fun.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

I guess mines pertty easy to figure out....my go to lure for the past twenty years...is a Big-O....Topwater and I recieved one for joining PBS (WNPE,WNPI Watewrtown)during there annual fund raiser....the Big-O was then made by hand by Cotton Cordell....they were not avalible in Canada at that time! We recieved the Lure....FIRE TIGER..They called a I-Y,because of the black markings on the side looked like ...a I and Y we never saw a lure with so many colors....hence a friend called it the retard lure....a fish would have to be a retard to bite it....it stayed in topwater tackle box for about two years :? On one realy slow day of fishing...(no fish)...he put on the Big-O...as soon as it the water he caught a bass...FLUKE....three more casts....three more fish...been using it ever since...by the way I still have that Lure...it is retired :D :D
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

I've climbed a couple trees to get some snags, and I always get pee pee off when i snag things so when u finally get it off, its such a relief and i just feel like SNAG THIS (as in I won!) once you've saved yourself 8$.
Chrome_A_Saurus
Participant
Participant

Post by Chrome_A_Saurus »

Well, as most of you know, Chrome meaning rainbow trout when they have that silvery shine to them. Floatfishin and I were comin up with a name for me and after passing on a couple such as "Creek Chub" , He blurted out Chrome_A_Saurus. We started laughing and then I sat up and said " I really like it " It has stuck ever since.

I am pretty sure he came up with it due o the fact I almost always catch bigger steelies :shock: :roll: , and the first time either of us went out for some spring steelhead, the first one I ever had on and landed ( suprisingly ) was a big Chromer 22 lb female ( still biggest to date ) . What a rush :shock: :shock: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Cheers

Chrome ( as my name has been shortened too on here lol , lazy typers ) :wink:
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

Saskie is from Saskatchewan. I started using that on another (hunting) board and it's now my standard on-line nickname wherever I'm posting. I kinda named Saskette before she joined as a way of referring to my wife who is also my fishing partner...so she just adopted it when she joined the board.
Tony
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Tony »

Mine came from the fact that I can be kind of "out to lunch" a lot of the time. I figured if you looked in my head for my brain during those times you'd see a sign saying " Gone Fishin' ". :D
JIGNPIG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by JIGNPIG »

Mine is pretty much self explanitory I got hooked on using a Jig 'N' Pig A couple of years ago thanks to Furious and thought it to be a good handle for a fishing site

Bryan
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Nothing mysterious about "Wolfe", either. I don't howl or take down large prey (unless I'm really ticked off). It's just a way of paying homage to the lake I've spent the past 25+ years of my life frequenting. Lots of good memories, lots of great fish, and hopefullly more to come.

W.

PS: Slushpuppy, I thought yours was because you loved ice fishing!! 8)
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
ganman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ganman »

I was born, raised and still live in Gananoque, which as anyone in these parts knows gets shortened to Gan and since.... well my plumbings male Voila Ganman. Guess it dosen't hurt that it rhymes and is kinda catchy. Still I cannot help to think there's alot of guys around town who use the same nick.
R.U. Ketchinenny
Participant
Participant

Post by R.U. Ketchinenny »

Picture it...

34C in the shade. Fishing hard, starting to get angry at being shut out.
It's so bad that you have even stopped talking to your partner, conentrating intently on the tip of your rod, willing it to bend in submission to just one fish. For the love of all things good, just a hint of something.

And then that one annoying guy speaks up...

"Are you Catchin any?"

That's me :twisted:

R.U. Ketchinenny
Kingmann
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Kingmann »

I used to compete with one of my good friends on various computer games and we would use our last names (mine is Mann) on the high score list. Just to get his goat when I blew his high score out of the water I added King before my last name and my computer name became Kingmann.

JasonM
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

M.T. Livewell ... :cry: Need I say more.

Actually, I stole the name from RUK. We were sending emails back and forth to each other once upon a time, using funny fishing names and words. He actually came up with MT, but didn't even remember till I reminded him. Liked it so much, and it keeps me humble. Because we all know I can fill a livewell. :roll:

M.T. Livewell
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

BASSSTALKER comes from being put on the spot and wanting to know if I had one the rod and reel combo from the Boat show..... I wanted to change it but never did....I like it know that bass is open and there bittin!

BASSSTALKER