Saturday Road Trip

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Saturday Road Trip

Post by JimW »

Well seeing last Saturday I didn't have much success on Quinte, I was hoping to give it another shot this Saturday. So I made last minutes plans with a fishing buddy. I had heard Quinte has been slow, so I was trying to decide between fishing Quinte or going to the Toronto Boat Show for the day..... :? We couldn't decide...... so we did both!

Left my place 3:00 am Saturday morning picked up my buddy on the way drove to Quinte.... parked.... walked on the ice ... set up and started to fish. We fished from about 7 am to 10:30 am, unfortunately no walleye again this trip :(

We had decided if we caught some walleye in the morning we would stay and fish for the day, no eyes then we would drive to Toronto. We couldn't find any eyes but we did catch about 40 perch, kept 20 10-11" ones for the table.

After loading up the fishing gear we were back on the road around 11am, unfortunately the steady snow made driving slowere then we hoped. We got to the Boat Show around 3pm. Lots of stuff to see at the show. I wish I had more money, would have loved to sign the deal for a new Crestliner 1750 Raptor or Lund 1775 Impact. Anyone want to lead me $25 000???

Had a good talk with Charles Sim, Andrew Pallotta, Grant McAllister, and Charlie Wray at the show.

Left the show and headed home.... stopped for dinner.... stopped for coffee........stopped for coffee......... stopped for washroom break.....dropped my buddy off at his house.....arrived home to nice warm bed around 2:00 am.

I think I will stay closer to home this coming weekend.

Cheers,

JimW
[/img]
ASK
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by ASK »

Great report man... I like it.

Nice perch and thanks for sharing your whole moments.

ASK
Just Dive................
fish and hunt
Participant
Participant

Post by fish and hunt »

Nice bunch of perch Jim. We were out on quinte on wednesday. Got 5 walleye, and lost about the same amount. We also caught 6 or 8 perch.
Fish and Hunt
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

Jim that's one he'll of a 23 hour road trip! Good job!
|Dore|
troll
Participant
Participant

Post by troll »

sounds like the bay might have a couple I owe yous for you,keep trying and good luck next time out.
plncrzy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by plncrzy »

you got more energy than me.... I would have gone home after the snow on the highway made driving slow :oops:
"I wonder if other dogs think poodles
are members of a weird religious cult."
-- Rita Rudner
Maple
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Maple »

Hard driving and hard fishing Jim. Good for you bud.

Doesn't 40 perch = 4 walleye?

Maple
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by beachburger »

That's a major league display of stamina.

Hope you can get a few 'eyes next time.
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JimW »

Just finished a nice dinner of Quinte perch..... definitely makes up for no walleye. Hopefully next trip.

Jim
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Good fishing!! You must have slept well after that schedule...
C5
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by C5 »

whew.. that is a trip for sure... Quinte is being a bit fickle.. wonder if the fishing will improve as the ice improves.. what am I thinking that will never happen:)