Fishing Muskrat lake in Cobden April 5th/14

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Fishing Muskrat lake in Cobden April 5th/14

Post by fishin mission »

Heading out to Muskrat Lake on Saturday April 5th for another shot at some lake trout. Last weekend a few fish hawkers met up on the ice and had a fun day.
Great company and a big scoff on the BBQ to boot. Just trying to organize another outing and will conduct a BBQ for lunch hour.
If your into coming out and spending the day on the lake with good company send me a pm so we can get an idea of how many people are interested in coming out.
Thinking of BBQ'ing steaks and maybe a few salads to go with and some garlic bread. Just wanted a head count from who plans on coming out so we can organize the food.

If your interested in coming out please send me a pm to let me know you'll be attending and that way we can have an idea how much food will be needed.
Your welcome to bring some stuff to BBQ if you want Hot dogs,Hamburgers,etc.

The Lakers are biting at this time of the year last few weeks i saw 2-8 Pounders a 10 a 12 last weekend and a 15 a couple of weekends ago.

Look forward to the weekend.
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Fishing Muskrat lake in Cobden April 5th/14

Post by fishin mission »

Have had a few replies if your coming please let me know as soon as possible.....thanks
fdxsat
Participant
Participant

Post by fdxsat »

Can anyone tell me if theres an ice road on Muskrat Lake?
Lvace
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Lvace »

Would love to go but work makes it so that I can't.... looking forward to the report and also the ice thickness as I might try and head out Sunday or Monday. :D
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by beachburger »

Still lots of ice but a slush layer has formed and driving was a little sticky this afternoon. I suspect by Sat you'll need to be hoofing it out on foot.
If you're gonna be stupid, you'd better be tough.