Charlottetown PEI fishing

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
digitalchef
Participant
Participant

Charlottetown PEI fishing

Post by digitalchef »

Hi all,
It's been a long time since I've last been on the board.
As you can see from the topic, I'm looking for any fishing partners out here on the east coast.
As well, I'm interested in anything anyone can tell me about shore fishing around downtown chtown harbour.
Cheers!!
captian cotton
Participant
Participant

Re: Charlottetown PEI fishing

Post by captian cotton »

My family and I are headed out that way this summer. I can't wait to try the fishing out there.
I look forward to seeing if anyone offers any advice on this thread.

Good luck
Al
Troller
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Charlottetown PEI fishing

Post by Troller »

Hi,
I went on a family vacation to PEI about four years ago. I did go to Charlottetown, but I did not try the fishing there. We stayed in North Rustico which is roughly an hours drive to Charlottetown from there. We fished in North Rustico. I don't know if you are interested in a charter. We took out a charter and the fishing was unbelievable. Mackeral and Cod. There are several charters in the village along the harbour. We went out twice with Capt Carl Gallant with the "Bearded Skipper Charters" and his son. Really nice guys.
I seem to remember that it was $40.00 each for four hours and my yougest son fished for no charge. There is also a beautiful beach just outside of North Rustico which is part of a provincial park. It is the beach the "locals" use. There was a charge to get in there but I had a pass from the place I was staying so I did not pay at the time. There were almost no poeple on this beach.

This town was really nice and was not commercialized. North Rustico is about 10k from Cavendish which is a very busy place in the summer.
Have fun, I know I will be returning there someday.
Dave