New Record for a 3 Day Bass Tournament - Lake Fork, Texas

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
ratsotail
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

New Record for a 3 Day Bass Tournament - Lake Fork, Texas

Post by ratsotail »

I have never been an big advocate or interested in tournament fishing, but one has to tip their hat to a tourney guy who has figured out a pattern where the planets and stars have aligned to catch the biggest three-day haul ever! I'm not against tourney fishing...it just takes the fun out of it for me. Check out the link below on what turned out to be a 7.33 AVERAGE PER FISH. It was most interesting to me because my father-in-law lives on this lake and I always have fun fishing with him....but have never dreamed of a day, two, or three like this! Enjoy!

http://www.toyotatexasbassclassic.com/2 ... a-top-ten/

tight lines,

Jeff
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: New Record for a 3 Day Bass Tournament - Lake Fork, Texa

Post by ShawnD »

Keith Combs is the man, 3 time winner.

Does your wife have a sister? :|
Wish my in-laws lived on lake Fork!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
ratsotail
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: New Record for a 3 Day Bass Tournament - Lake Fork, Texa

Post by ratsotail »

Shawn,

Excellent question and comment 8) :lol: ! I mostly fish Crappie with my father-in-law on this lake (and as with everything in Texas, the Crappie are huge in this lake too), but do get a chance to fish for bass on occassion. I always seem to hit it where the day before was outstanding and the day I fish is so-so...my luck. What is spooky about fishing this lake is all the standing timber and the treetops just below the surface. During periods of water fluctuation, which is constant, it is quite a challenge to not lose your lower unit or worse. That is one lake where my PFD is on when under power!

tight lines,

Jeff