May 24 fishing, looking for cottage rental advice

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
rod84
Participant
Participant

Re: May 24 fishing, looking for cottage rental advice

Post by rod84 »

Well we are going to be headed up to Haliburton, Maple Lake.

We found a cottage rental there that will allow 12 people :), so we are good to go.

Thanks for the input guys, I hope there is some fishing but at worst there is a lot of room for 12 of us to enjoy for 3 nights.
kjdfish
Participant
Participant

Post by kjdfish »

So :shock: what do you think about late september on charleston
campnfish
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by campnfish »

I would suggest Ashby Lake, north of Bon Echo on the 41.

You would have to search the interwebs, but I know there are places you can rent up there - couple hunt camps, cottages that are always rented by the owners. Spent many a spring up there at a friends cottage, have to say its always been good fishing for us.

They don't allow ice fishing so the laker population is pretty good. Its an easy portage over to King lake for rainbows too, then another easy portage over to Barker if you want to switch back to lakers again. When I say easy I mean flat land and less than 100m walk, docks at the King/Ashby portage, not sure about the King/Barker one.

The network of trails is extensive around there too, so if you're bringing machines you'll have lots to explore.

My 0.02

C&F