Trip to Lake Champlain

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Trip to Lake Champlain

Post by StarTzar »

Team 28 has to make the trip next year.
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
zeke13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by zeke13 »

StarTzar wrote:Team 28 has to make the trip next year.
That would be awesome Francois, it's looking like the group may get to 12 or 13 boats out next year. It's only going to get bigger and better :D
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

Next year if I'm lucky enough to attend, I'd love to take along a decent camera and dedicate (valuable fishing time :p) to taking some more quality shots of people in action. Maybe put together a small video. I know we all have our memories, but we are getting older, so it would be nice to have :)
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

You may be getting older Tia.....I however am already old.
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
Butch420
Participant
Participant

Post by Butch420 »

Looks like a great trip, always wanted to venture down further into the states to give it a go. If there are any open spots next yr I'd be into dragging my boat down with room if someone needed a spot on a boat.
biggs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by biggs »

Butch420 wrote:Looks like a great trip, always wanted to venture down further into the states to give it a go. If there are any open spots next yr I'd be into dragging my boat down with room if someone needed a spot on a boat.
Cough cough..... :D
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

I'm older but still very ....

BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
Spence Scout
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Spence Scout »

Zeke I believe the technique you were using would be called "feathering the chatterbait" right from Iaconellis mouth. Bobby Jordan was fishing it the same way and it was his most productive bait as well. It worked better for him in black and blue and it had to be 1/2oz. the 3/8oz version wasnt allowing him to get far enough casts with it. Like Corey I was too stubborn to throw one on due to the inexperience in actually using one. No confidence in it!! Ill have one tied on for next year youll see!
zeke13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by zeke13 »

Spence Scout wrote:Zeke I believe the technique you were using would be called "feathering the chatterbait" right from Iaconellis mouth. Bobby Jordan was fishing it the same way and it was his most productive bait as well. It worked better for him in black and blue and it had to be 1/2oz. the 3/8oz version wasnt allowing him to get far enough casts with it. Like Corey I was too stubborn to throw one on due to the inexperience in actually using one. No confidence in it!! Ill have one tied on for next year youll see!
Yes that was what Corey was calling it as well and quoting Ike (you guys read the same articles!) ... Oh how you mis-judge your brother .. Corey's stubbornness didn't last long before he tied one of my chatterbaits (Original Chatterbait in Perch colour) and I think it was his weekend goal to catch fish on it .. which of course he did and was quite satisfied with the effort :D His go-to baits were still crankbaits and frogs but he won't forget the chatterbait fish!
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

This trip is on my bucket list!! You guys did very well!
zeke13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by zeke13 »

Talked to PMac tonight at Paddletales .. he's going to make the call tomorrow to see if rooms in Ticonderoga can be booked for next year. I'm excited already!