Sunday morning Eyes

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
HotelTango
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Sunday morning Eyes

Post by HotelTango »

Went out for a quick fish this morning on the Ottawa up here in Petawawa, mostly to test out the new Elite5 CHIRP. I must say I am really impressed with this unit, a huge upgrade from my previous fishfinder. The only fish that was picture worthy, caught on a rapala DT20 in 30FOW.

All fishermen are liars except for you and me, and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure about you.
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Sunday morning Eyes

Post by ShawnD »

Nice !
20 FOW, cool stuff
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

Nice Gold HT!

And I shoulda guessed you were from Pet with the name Hotel Tango! :lol:

Some of the best fishing I've ever had is in the Pet river where it runs into the Ottawa!
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

Nice fish and new toy Hotel Tango!

Hey Tia, isn't the Fishin there sweet? That's one of the spots I got my start to fishin at too. My dad used to take us there as kids all the time and we would nail the bass and catfish. I also got hit in the nuts with a golf ball on the twin rivers golf course right across the river from there lol.

Hey Hoetl Tango, do you ever take your boat out in front of kiska beach? I've heard it can be good there.
HotelTango
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HotelTango »

Fishoholic wrote:Nice fish and new toy Hotel Tango!

Hey Tia, isn't the Fishin there sweet? That's one of the spots I got my start to fishin at too. My dad used to take us there as kids all the time and we would nail the bass and catfish. I also got hit in the nuts with a golf ball on the twin rivers golf course right across the river from there lol.

Hey Hoetl Tango, do you ever take your boat out in front of kiska beach? I've heard it can be good there.
I only fish Kiska during the winter months for eyes since it is easy to get to. Once I can get the boat out on the water there are way better spots out there.
All fishermen are liars except for you and me, and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure about you.
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

I could imagine there is all kinds of sweet spots out there you could get to with a boat. I was bike bound as a kid when we had a trailer at black bear so I was limited to a bunch of shore spots. We used to fish off the rock point at black bear and I always wondered about kiska in the distance. Keep up the sweet reports.
mblaney
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by mblaney »

I am interested in your opinion on the Elite5 CHIRP. I used to have an Elite 5 DSI (came with my boat) and hated it. I fish a lot of deeper water and it was no good that. I sold the DSI to a member here and replaced it with an Elite 5 (traditional sonar) and it works fine. Since then I have been targeting walleye more and can see the benefit of having DSI but not to sacrifice depth. What is your opinion on the Chirp?

I have some other pet peeves with the Lowrance but overall it is a great unit. Hmmm, if I decide to upgrade again I would definitely go for the 7 inch...