You think lakes will be open in 2 weeks?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: You think lakes will be open in 2 weeks?

Post by joco »

Jul0682 wrote:
joco wrote:Jul,,actualy my father as is house in bouchette also,,closer to st therse on roddick lake,,lakers there also 8) ,,,and size limits is not like the 31 miles lakes,,,wish i close to us also.

But for the other trouts will look at maps,,got some ideas 8)

Joco

Wow. Lol my father's house/cottage is on Roddick lake also.. wow what a small world... lol has he been there for long?

Hi JUL. Father baught the land and a camper on it in 1974. During and after THE big flood. Build the house in 1976-78 ,,,we are part of st therese,,,,,,,on are road we use to have a little store on shore many peoples remember this. There was a store in two defernt house and time,,,if some would stand at plage paul campin looking out we are at 10 hour! Are naber just build a huge house on the point in yhe past few year. Nice lake. BUT. The fishing as gone way way down! Specialy for pike and perch,,sunfish etc like cant compare todays and in the 80 s. We use to troll like 2 hour and catch 5-6 pike. Now your lucky to get one or two a season...use to gish frome shore and catching freaking load of perch and sungish etc,,now almost no where to be seen,,,,,in ghe 90 s bass population went up,like crazzy,,,the the rest went down, now bass is still ok,,but went down in the past 10 years, But lakers and whity population is ok. Walleye,,,there trying. Some big catfish and sturgeons innthere also. Its like a all in species. Lake. Mabe see ya on water one day up there.

Being there for more then 150 days a year for decades. Let say got a few memories,,beeing there more there more then in city!,,but to be hones did not weng that often in the past12 years or so,,but wen i do,,my bass outhing are going down

Mist those days
Do we all do.
Jul0682
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Jul0682 »

Yeah I hear yah for sure and I remember going to that store for sure. My parents are in the horse shoe bays like I call them just at 2o clock from the store looking at place paul.. yeah fishing went down for sure like u said.. remember trolling for laker and would catch 2 or three now your lucky if u get one for sure.. I still can't believe what a small world it is, awesome to have someone to talk about a local lake we both grew up on.. that's awesome.. walleyes are getting pretty big as my parents neighbors son caught a nice one on the other side of the horse shoe as I call it on the side where the lake empties out in the river.. Now u gotta be lucky to catch fish in there and before drop a line and there's super.. lol I didn't know there was sturgeon in there!! Where do they hide? Lol yeah hope to see yah out there for sure one day.. would be awesome
2014 Lund Impact 1775
Mercury 115Hp
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

Jul. My biggest walleye there 5,7 pound neaf the cross on the island,,in dront of the channel.

But are ver very best walleye fishing the pin,,,,down a rapid on the gatineau river,,,its insane the wallehe and sturgeons we have caught there frome shore, You know where are lake drop in the river that little bridge,,,the rapid start there but donw yhose rapids,,,BUt now access is lock and close.

But mabe one day will show you some smaller lakes around there for bass, 8) , in yak!

If you dont have any its ok,,wil lend uou one then.

Take care

Joco
Jul0682
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Jul0682 »

Wow that's awesome, that would be great for sure.. yeah I know where yah talking about, so the struggle are more in the river then actually in roddick lake.. well that's good to know for sure, would be a blast for sure to try that out.. I don't have a yak yet but maybe next year.. I wanna go and try some out this summer with Trailhead, saw they have some demo days that u can try models and think that would be the best before I spend a ton of money in something.

:)
2014 Lund Impact 1775
Mercury 115Hp
Fkawee
Participant
Participant

Post by Fkawee »

Small world for a sure.
Remember Deer Lodge?
Jul0682
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Jul0682 »

Oh yeah I remember it for sure. I was always there.. lol
2014 Lund Impact 1775
Mercury 115Hp
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Wasn't there an ex biker running a lodge on Roddick? Don't recall his name though. Old buddy of mine had/has a cottage there. At one time I had a map showing the laker runs. Used to go to lac Michel partying lots back in the late seventies as some good buds had a cottage there too. Still have a real good friend with a cottage on Baie Davis on 31 Mile and used to know some other folks on that bay as well way back. My family cottage is on Pemich. Real nice lake.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Walleye'm Fishing
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant
Location: Casting..................... in your NOT SO SECRET spot.

Post by Walleye'm Fishing »

I just went to Ozile's at Petrie to pick up a Fish-Hawk decal. The ice is pretty much right up to shore in Baitshop bay... If it's like that here, up in the QC mountains the ice must be quite thick... I guess opening weekend for trout in Quebec will be a bust once again this year...
Walleye'm fishing, you're sleeping.
BrookieJunkie
Participant
Participant

Post by BrookieJunkie »

in one word NO in a few more words Not a chance

was up that way yesterday and it's ice fishing time
Jul0682
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Jul0682 »

Yeah Imagen ice will be there for still quite some time, hopefully she breaks free after this weekends 20 degrees weather..

Cheers
2014 Lund Impact 1775
Mercury 115Hp
qcconnection
Participant
Participant

Post by qcconnection »

After a 4 wheeler trip on a day off today, I can confirm that most lakes in the Gatineau hills are still covered with very little openings around shore. I'm off a few days next week and will check around more to let people know whay, if anything will be accessible by boat for the opener.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

Smitty

There one lodge that have chnage hands a few time. Its call dear lodge,,back in the days,,a teacher frome maniwaki had it,,then a compny in comercial painting now,,not sure.

And there mikes cabins not far frome dear lodge and plage paul camping,

About lake mitch cool little lake,

Roddick water come frome the 31 mile lakes,,,,,3 lakes betwen the 31 and the roddick then we drop in ghe gatineau river.

Having studied. History,,,american indians etc,,,just for a little course of history 101 hahha

Indiens wer going down in canoe on the gatineau ro come trade fur,,,,but they were scare of other tribes. So they were turning in that creek and go true roddick up to lake des pere to la vieille to mitch to the 31 lake all doable by few little,portage,,,,in canoe!

That was history 101 for today :lol: .

But yes it was cool to dind out about this,,,,i was supose to go at that jonction and look for old relic stuff frome indians but never did.

And for pemich lake,,,got friend and familly also there. Matt there. They have 3-4 cottage there,,,i sone good there many years ago,,,on ice,,,,there was a road onnice and we deopingmon ice ag point confort,,nit ure still a ice road these days,,,huge to catch a lod off sisco,,etc,

Joco
Jul0682
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Jul0682 »

joco wrote:Smitty

There one lodge that have chnage hands a few time. Its call dear lodge,,back in the days,,a teacher frome maniwaki had it,,then a compny in comercial painting now,,not sure.

And there mikes cabins not far frome dear lodge and plage paul camping,

About lake mitch cool little lake,

Roddick water come frome the 31 mile lakes,,,,,3 lakes betwen the 31 and the roddick then we drop in ghe gatineau river.

Having studied. History,,,american indians etc,,,just for a little course of history 101 hahha

Indiens wer going down in canoe on the gatineau ro come trade fur,,,,but they were scare of other tribes. So they were turning in that creek and go true roddick up to lake des pere to la vieille to mitch to the 31 lake all doable by few little,portage,,,,in canoe!

That was history 101 for today :lol: .

But yes it was cool to dind out about this,,,,i was supose to go at that jonction and look for old relic stuff frome indians but never did.

And for pemich lake,,,got friend and familly also there. Matt there. They have 3-4 cottage there,,,i sone good there many years ago,,,on ice,,,,there was a road onnice and we deopingmon ice ag point confort,,nit ure still a ice road these days,,,huge to catch a lod off sisco,,etc,

Joco

That's was interesting, never know ewe that history and glad to know now.. yeah that deer lodge isn't that old, I remember when it was getting built and everything. . Yeah went through a few owners that for sure.. lol
2014 Lund Impact 1775
Mercury 115Hp
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Tks for the info Joco. Neat stuff. Yea Mikes cabins rings a bell so far as the ex-biker. I think lol. No matter
Lac des Pere, did that lake not have a monastery on it and was also known locally as Priest Lake among les Anglais? Good trout fishing but private I think. The bottom of the chute into Roddick from there was a good spot for Whitefish if I recall. Or am I mixed up with La Vielle? It's been a long time lol.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
toddc
Participant
Participant

Post by toddc »

this thread got raped