Big Rideau ice report... beveridges locks

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
steve_rauch
Participant
Participant

Big Rideau ice report... beveridges locks

Post by steve_rauch »

Was out today and there was around 5 inches of black and 2 inches of white ice. There is a bit of a shelf just out from the locks at the end of the rock wall. The village is starting to form with 3 huts out.
Marty and I set up shop and hammered the perch all day with the odd hammer handle mixed in. Would have had more pictures but the phone died...
Attachments
IMAG1232.jpg
IMAG1232.jpg (973.64 KiB) Viewed 1996 times
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Big Rideau ice report... beveridges locks

Post by Out4trout »

Woot! Great to be back on the hard stuff. The crappie fryer better be ready! :D :D
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

The Village cometh. :lol:

Great spot to take kids! Adults too if they aren't afraid of the Dark and nice Crappies.

RJ
Fester
Participant
Participant

Post by Fester »

This is just the type of report I have been waiting for, I live on the Upper and just having moved here I am looking for info about these lakes. See you soon

Fester
OntarioRider
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by OntarioRider »

I walked the lake a couple times this weekend and noticed the amount of people on the ice increasing.
I will be out on the weekend for sure. Just been waiting for to see the village start to form so that I know ice is thick enough for me to venture out on quad.