This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Bender
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bender »

Hey everone...I've been following the board for some time now and decided it was finally time to sign up and get involved. Your recent pics of BOQ eyes have been driving me nuts... so much so that we've got 8 guys heading down Friday for the weekend... staying at Merland Park. Unfortunately no planers so hopefully they won't be too spooked to grab hold of the line.
Did anyone try night jigging when you were down, I didn't see any reference to that one the board.
Best of luck this weekend going after the mighty muskie...I'll let you know how we did.
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Welcome to Hawk Talk Watercan. Glad to hear you've been following for a while and decided to join. Unfortunately I did not make it to BOQ this year, so I can't offer any advise, however there are plenty of people here who can..

Once again, welcome.
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
Gordo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Gordo »

Welcome Waterkan! Most guys that were fishing for 'eyes that weekend were using planer boards, downriggers or long lining it. I didn't see anyone go out at night for a jig. Best of luck to you and your buddies this weekend. The bite is definetly on!

Gordo
Gord

NPAA#553
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

WATERKAN welcome aboard.. I don't know if this will help but it seemed that one day the planer boards worked best the next the down riggers worked best.

Try flat lining with 150-200ft of line out.. Most people were running 75-100ft back from the planer or down riggers.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Hey Waterkan

Welcome to the board :D ....if you are going to to go with flat lines....you may want to go back 150 to 200 feet behind the boat, i tryed this meothod last week...work well , jointed deep diving stick baits seem to be hot right now....black/silver was working well according to some reports I've seen on other boards...you can't go wrong with Manns + 20's but the most productive meothod is using inline planner boards......good luck at Quinte.....looking forward to your reports when you return....don't forget to get a few pictures :er
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Welcome aboard waterkan, You can try jigging off Sherman's Point if you really want to give 'er a go :!: There is a nice hole there apparently. I've heard about it but never jigged there myself :!:

Let us know how it went :!:
Bender
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bender »

Thanks for the tips guys , I'm going to give them a try this weekend.
Was out at Baitcasters on the weekend and picked up 4 out of the last 5 Manns +20s . She said some guy by the name of Wall-I-Guy scooped the rest up before the Blakewood Lodge weekend..... :cry:
Also said she would be placing an order with Manns for delivery mid Nov. if anyones interested... I'll be putting in my order for a couple of Dr deaths.
By the way Wall-I-Guy.... nice rig :D :D :D

Post by Guest »

WATERKAN bets of luck to you !! say hi to Kevin at Merlin Park.. great place, great fish! get some pics!!!
Tribal Legend 1
Participant
Participant

Post by Tribal Legend 1 »

I am one of WATERKAN's buddies headed down to the Bay this weekend. Just wanted to pass on appreciation for the overwhelming hospitality and help for us "new" posters...

Much appreciated and hope to return the favour, if and wherever possible. :D
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Welcome WATERKAN, and best of luck with your buddies this weekend.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by fishforfun »

Welcome WaterKan and Tribal Legend 1.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Good Luck this weekend boys....

Pics are always welcome!

RJ
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Welcome guys...and TL1...small world eh!
Last edited by Canadian Bacon on Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Hey TB1, glad to have you aboard!!
Tribal Legend 1
Participant
Participant

Post by Tribal Legend 1 »

CB....It really is! Happy to re-aquaint. How old were we, 8 or 9, when we first met?! :wink: