TEMAGAMI Report. (pics)

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
nighttroller
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nighttroller »

Nice pics, congrats on your first laker! I have been thinking of going up to visit my Brother and do some fishing. Have you ever tried going through an outfitter when you are there?
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

Looks like you lads had a blast, great pics good read :P
OFAH Zone F 1st Vice Chair
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

Nice Lakers! :)
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
Oakborne
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Oakborne »

Grats on the nice looking fish!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
big stick
Participant
Participant

Post by big stick »

Great report bunk, I wish that it could have included me on the pics with a big laker. I'm broken and hurt. As for the last day there was no action. We spent a good 3 hours fishing the holes where LT got his. I know you're going to hate this but LT and myself booked a week in mid june w/ Bruce before we left. Of course you are invited to come down and join the fun but for some reason I think you may say no. It was good to see you Bunk I do wish I was feeling a bit better so's we could have done some hardcore drinking, next time. Say hello to your friend jen for us two dorks.
Laker_Taker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Laker_Taker »

Nice summary Bunk, good report and some kind words said, thanks. Yeah like BigStick said we got skunked trying the spot as we were heading out. I bet you're surprised we booked again but there were only 2 weeks available in June left so we thought we had to act quickly. We're going up June 11-18th, a bit later than last year so it could be a different story?? You're right it is a somewhat demoralizing lake to fish at times. The ATV lads caught an 8 pounder on Sunday at Ayleen lake and another they couldn't fit throught the hole (sure, sure). Will have to take a trip into that lake in June, they're going to have boats up there too. Despite the slow fishing I still came away with my biggest laker to date so it ain't all bad, just a lot of lake to cover. Great seeing you again Bunk!
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

June EH!!! :shock: :roll: :?

I'll let you guys have it.

Try Pats Lake too in the tubes when you go.

I am taking those dates you mention off. I've got two weeks but that's when the walleye fishing is best here, the pike fishing picks up and the sturgeon fishing opens. Besides BIGGEST BUNK is paying me his first visit to the north then, so I'll be getting him out on the river.

It totally surprises me you rebooked that soon. It's like that conversation we had about trying some different lakes or you guys concentrating more on Bark never even happened...? I wish youz luck cause I think you'll be needing, especially seeings how it's my spots that produce for ya's :wink: :lol: :lol:

To Nighttroller. We stayed with an outfitter at the south end of the lake. It was our second time with them. The place is on an island and is a scenic and fun little getaway. Unfortunately, I think their expertise as being "outfitters" is quite limited and so it's seems more just a place to rest your head and rent a boat or hut. They've only been doing ice fishing 3 years and I don't think they really spread out their sites well enough. The cost is great though for what it is, but I think for maybe a hundred or so more I could find better options.

Later LT and BS.

Thanks Hawkers for the kind words. FFF you're right, Temagami is one beautiful lake and fascinating and rugged area.
Laker_Taker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Laker_Taker »

Spoken like someone who can't find fish on an unfamiliar body of water. We booked because it was basically book then or not at all. I'm thinking Bark earlier in May for those lakers that are open all year. Bruce gave us more incentive to go like last year's prices etc. And as for calling the spot, of course you did, you always do! You also called going back to no-fish bay but I don't hear you going on about that decision. Well ok 1 fish in 2 and a half days, not usually a spot that the mighty Bunk would spend much time at. But yes we will try Pat's too, they're going to have boats there too. And I think you were kind of harsh on them as outfitters, did they not follow us to your spot and drill your holes? They were willing to bring people into other lakes, I don't see where they don't put the effort in except for the hut placements. But then fish have been caught there too. I think they try pretty hard to put guests on the fish, the rest is up to you.
big stick
Participant
Participant

i'm with Lt on this one Bunk

Post by big stick »

I'm sitting the rest of this one out you two. I'm happy w/ my memories so far w/ Tamar and I did'nt have any luck this wk.end at all.
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

WHAT THE F&#$ LT.

quote: "The cost is great for what it is." unquote. I find it strange an honest opinion gets met with a bunch of trash babble. 6 Lakers in 11 full days of fishing between 3 to 6 guys. (me and you and others) South Temagami and Cross covered, pretty crap track record for all I must say. I said I'd go back, sheesh, I must be a fanatical glutton for punishment, or maybe just dissastisfied enough to be lead to think that I will eventually catch fish.

LT I fail to see where I mentioned the name of the place we stayed. What I do see is you taking some real unnecessary pot shots here. But hell, I'll give you're props... wait a minute, I already did on my first post. You're welcome good friend of over 20 years.

For those interested in knowing about "no fish" bay, that's where the "outfitter" stuck our hut during our stay. Nuff Said!!!

Sorry Hawkers you had to be witness to this thread, must be something technically wrong with the site lately. Whatever it is seems to be going around. :?
Laker_Taker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Laker_Taker »

OK Bunk, like I said when you phoned me all bent out of shape about this that I'm sorry that my remarks cut deeper than intended. I meant it more jokingly than it came across and looking over it more now I should have done some editing before posting that. I know you have your rep to uphold on this site but to bring up 20 years of friendship over a couple of jabs about your fishing, come on. You know its back and forth between us, I don't take your digs so personally. Its not like I attacked your family, intelligence, or even you (well a bit on you, more so your patience level). But really we have only scratched the surface fishing there. The canoe trip we really just put in token efforts when we weren't too tired, second time was more of a drinking trip and this time ice fishing is so hit and miss. Ask Big Stick how many hours we've put in over the past 2 winters fishing lakers, not hours anymore it would be counted in days and nothing. So I think 3 through the ice in 3 days isn't great but still way better than I've done before. Were still amateur trout anglers and really we've seen maybe 10% of lake. Again though I am sorry I hurt your feelings but I'm moving on from this.
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Lakers

Post by Seaweed »

Now now guys... get along.

Don`t make me come up there and show you how to catch those lakers...

It looks like a great spot.

I have heard so much about Temagami over the years... some day I will drop a line in that water.

Sounds like fun.
Bender
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bender »

AHHH Temagami.....

I've been heading up there for two weeks every year now for the last 7 years.
Last week of June and the first of July.
That area is definitely heaven on earth.

The best part is the fishing has always been superb....walleye, lakers,pike and smallies after June.
We stay at a lodge very close to the access road. Great hosts. pm me if anyone's interested in the name.

I've never been there in the winter but I know they run outpost cabins on several lakes other than temagami for ice fishing.

Temagami is very large body of water with over 3000 kilometers of shoreline with next to no cottages on it. Its easy to go fishing and never see another boat pull up beside you. But if you don't know where to fish it can be a very frustrating place to be. :x

Good luck to all that go up there, it truly is a beautiful place!!

WK
Iceman
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Iceman »

Loved the pics :mrgreen: , made my morning.
Gonna try for Lakers this Saturday but not quite as far North.
Hope we have some photo's to share come monday. :D
Well and truly hooked!