carp fish

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Nice work Pints..Now he has the proper info as it reads in the regs. I did read that section but it was based on specific zones which can and canot be legal...Interesting though is what type of plant would one use for fishing besides this numbing stuff????
bm_attar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bm_attar »

Yeah, what plant used for stoning the carp? Is there any other uses for that plant :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Seriously though, this thread is an example of someone who needs to be educated, so I hope this will not end up a big fight as usual. Let's keep it informative, and let's try to save some ON carps from getting stoned then eaten.

BM
almontefisher wrote:Nice work Pints..Now he has the proper info as it reads in the regs. I did read that section but it was based on specific zones which can and canot be legal...Interesting though is what type of plant would one use for fishing besides this numbing stuff????
brufan
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by brufan »

Hey Dragon,
when you get your fill of Carp, try the zebra mussels, very tasty and abundant.....and always in season...
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Gettin a little heated here folks.....

In some cultures people do eat carp and also sturgeon. Be cognisant and respectful of that. In England we eat eel. Jellied. Some Inu people consume seal eyeballs as they are considered candy.

Green Dragon. People do not drug carp here, nor is it considered a fish for consumption. I do believe (but may be totally wrong) that the sport fish consumption guide for Ontario DOES NOT suggest eating Carp.

Asian's take ALOT of heat for angling and consumption here in North America. Perhaps Green Dragon is quite familiar with the regs but was unsure about applying an angling practice from where he is from.

F-H is getting a VERY bad rap lately and last thing we need is to be seen as racists....

Sorry for my "Mod" like rant. I have an ex-sister in law who is Vietnamese so this strikes a chord!
brufan
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by brufan »

mine was a light hearted post..don't like carp or zebra mussels...nothing against Asians....people have to lighten up a bit. The only bad rap about this site is that no one has a sense of humour anymore...
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

brufan wrote:The only bad rap about this site is that no one has a sense of humour anymore...

Pretty much sums it up right there.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

brufan wrote:mine was a light hearted post..don't like carp or zebra mussels...nothing against Asians....people have to lighten up a bit. The only bad rap about this site is that no one has a sense of humour anymore...
I see you have a great sense of humour Brufan...Anyone who roots for the Bruins has to have a sense of humour :lol:
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

brufan wrote:mine was a light hearted post..don't like carp or zebra mussels...nothing against Asians....people have to lighten up a bit. The only bad rap about this site is that no one has a sense of humour anymore...
But your post MAY have been taken out of context. Also people can't read your tone or implication through what you write. All I said was "be careful and mindful" not that you were in the wrong Brufan.

I agree 100% about your "sense of humor" comment. I got called something improper by Wallypro on here 2 days ago for making a joke at the "Bad Gas" thread. To which the original poster thought it was humorous.

No bad blood intended toward you Brufan....Glad you clarified that..More for others sake than mine.
brufan
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by brufan »

no problem Jamsers. People that know me know that 90% of what I say is meant to be humourous and the other 10% actually is.

Brufan..
Musky51
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Musky51 »

Jamsers,,, you have got to be kidding as is the original poster here.

I think its time to upgrade the sponge bob rod if you need to drug a fish in order to reel it in...
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Musky51,

My post said people don't drug fish over here.
I certainly wouldn't and I think the MNR would be a little miffed if they caught you doing it.

My simple point was in some cultures and some countries they do things different. My point was to respect those differences.

Didn't want to seem like I am crapping on anyone here, but in past posts there have been a lot of borderline derogatory posts about other ethnicities.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Some people are just ignorant to other cultures...It happens :roll:
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

Drugs are expensive. I wouldn't waste them on fish. Unless of course they are were covered by a health plan.
Musky51
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Musky51 »

Yup I am ignorant :lol:

This thread is a riot
Green Dragon
Participant
Participant

Post by Green Dragon »

this makes my head hurting. too much writing on computre on a day with sunshine. i need to go fishing to feel better

bye my friends