Bass Pro No Go

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Bass Pro No Go

Post by CNs »

Going to miss the bowling alley BPS was going to put in.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Brad,

I totally get that and appreciate your points. All I am saying is that if you want the type of service I am talking about, a mom and pop shop is where to go.

In both circumstances, a better answer would have sufficed or if you don't know the answer, don't start with a comment like "it's the best reel in the planet". If you haven't guessed buddy, you weren't one of the people in either of those stories!!! :D
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Very few...if any..mom n pop shops are experts with all styles of fishing, let alone fishing and hunting. You might have the best bass guy in the country that owns a small strore, but has next to nothing for trolling or flyfishing supplies and knowledge. And thats fine, instead of you doing your own homework, maybe they'll do it for you. I love the atmosphere in small shops myself, but it's the limited selection of hands on inventory that comes up short for me.

Personally, I shop at them both. I'll never complain about poor service at the big chains though because my expectations arent there for it.....much like I wont be disappointed with the staff at the grocery store because they dont know how to prepare a master chef meal with every item on the shelves.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Well said Brad and Markus.
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Never really needed customer service for years... "Here's the spring order LeBarons! Here's the address. Ohhh, you don't have it???... Here's the rest of my spring order Cabelas! Here's the address!" :lol: Research is key.

50/50 on SAIL actually... have been since day one when going in there during their grand opening only to find 12 of 15 items more expensive than LeB's. SAIL is great for returns and selection but, here's something that kinda Pees me off... A couple weeks back shopping. PowerPRO 15lb - $21.99. LeBaron's - $16.47. That's an incredible difference! :shock: Also buying fur, feathers and glue for tying jigs... EVERY single item more expensive at SAIL and that's even before the 10% off card. I'll always try and buy elsewhere.