Old Concept Lure Reborn (pic)

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Old Concept Lure Reborn (pic)

Post by Moosebunk »

OOD gave me this idea a couple weeks back. And, so after a real slow weekend at work because the entire town is out in the bush for the spring hunt, I tied up 80 flies on single hooks with the thought in mind of attaching them to in-line spinners. I read that there are companies overseas that sell these types of lure/fly combinations, but, I haven't seen anything like that other than a dressed Mepp Aglia here in Canada. Here's a dozen or so of the 80 lures I made this weekend.

Some great and known flies on these hooks are woolly buggers, rainbow smelt, mickey finn, hammel killer, green butt skunk, incredible silver minnow, egg sucking leech, rabbit and olive leech, lefty's leech, polar shrimp and whatever else is on the photo.

I think they're pretty cool, and when I tied them up I had browns, bows, coho, chinook, brookies, smallies, largemouth, pike and lakers in mind. Sizes were #2 to #6 and all french blades.

Nothing like getting paid somedays at the office to tie flies and make lures. :lol: :D
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

I bet they would work well in Alginquin... :D
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

They have "Trout" written all over 'em :!: :lol:
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

In-lines are killer for brookies. I bet in the spring even more, seeings as how big insect hatches aren't really happenning yet and so the trout would be more likely to key in on baitfish.

Sizes 2&3 for brookies.

I tied the Hammel killer, green butt skunk, mickey finn and mini brown/olive/chartreuse woolly bugger with brookies in mind. :lol:

You send me up a Fish-Hawk hat, let me know the price, and I'll repay you accordingly with spinner/fly lures.
tr21chris
Participant
Participant

How much

Post by tr21chris »

money to buy these beauties!
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Moosebunk wrote:In-lines are killer for brookies. I bet in the spring even more, seeings as how big insect hatches aren't really happenning yet and so the trout would be more likely to key in on baitfish.

Sizes 2&3 for brookies.

I tied the Hammel killer, green butt skunk, mickey finn and mini brown/olive/chartreuse woolly bugger with brookies in mind. :lol:

You send me up a Fish-Hawk hat, let me know the price, and I'll repay you accordingly with spinner/fly lures.
I can send you a burgundy hat...as we are out of classics at the moment.
But lets do that soon so I can bring theses baits to Algonquin...Deal? :D
BigSim
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by BigSim »

After tying 80 of them, I hope they work well! Good luck, they look great.

BigSim
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Those look great, Moosebunk. I don't know much about fishing for trout, but I would think they are a tempting presentation! Nice color assortment.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
bts
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Dozen

Post by bts »

Ya taking orders? Send me a dozen. :D :D
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Bunk, those look super nice. I used to have my best luck with spinners similar to them when fishing brookies in NFLD.

Very nice work.
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Thanks ya'll for the your praises of my hardware.

I took a bag of 40 of them to work today thinking I'd take them to the local tackle shop on my lunch hour and work out a deal to sell them there, but, a guy at my office wanted to check them out and so I showed him the product and he bought $40 worth right then and there. Then another coworker bought $30 worth for her dad, and then another bought $20 for her sons. I think I have a couple left, and a personal stash of 40 at home, but near selling out in about a half hour at work got my wheels turning.

Bacon you have a pm.

bts if you're serious about wanting a few pm me.

I'll say no more for now, next time I'll post in buy/sell/trade forum under Moose River Fly Spinners :lol: :lol: Gotta think big :lol: :roll:

Thanks again ya'll.
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Spinners...

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

You have a pm bro!!!

F.F