My First Muskie!!!!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

My First Muskie!!!!!

Post by Kpin »

Headed out on the Ottawa with MuskyMatt, bright and early Fathers Day. A simply amazing day that made us think about how great it is being on the water, soaking in the sun, the joys of how the warm weather brings out the elusive bikini clad beauties and OF course fishing!

Being a muskie newbie, I really learned quite a bit. We casted, trolled and Matt hit the first fish of the day, a spunky pike. Shortly thereafter, on the troll, the reel starts screaming. At first I thought I was snagged but as soon as we released the rod, the headshakes told another story. The adrenaline starts pumping, (you all know the feeling). Nice, solid headshakes and I'm thinking, "this doesn't feel like a pike." Now, not having ever caught a muskie, I wasn't sure just how one fought. Either way I knew something decent was on the line.

After a decent battle, she was brought in. My very first muskie! 36" and quite a decent girth for the length. I'm not quite sure but I think I might have giggled like a schoolgirl. High fives all around and she was released to be caught another day. I think I'm still smiling from the catch. :D

We boated a few other pike, (by Matt) but that was the only muskie of the day and man, did it feel good! It was one of the species I haven't caught that I wanted to nail this year and thanks to Matt, it became a reality. He was as happy getting me into my first muskie as I was catching one.

Had a simply amazing time. I can now understand how you muskie guys get addicted. Great company, great weather, (ok, REALLY freaking hot, melting weather) but great fishing. What more can a man ask for?

Btw, twas also MuskyMatts B-day but I got a great gift as well! Thanks for getting me out and hooking me into my first muskie Matt. Just 4" short of 40" *sigh*. :lol: Nevermind, I'm still riding the high. Great pleasure fishing with you bro!
MuskieStalker1
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MuskieStalker1 »

Man you are in trouble you have been bitten by the muskie bug LOL There is no turning back and as my wife all well knows there is no cure .Ata Boy Matt keep infecting the general public :lol: Kpin i still rember my first muskie what a thrill!!!!Cograts on the first muskie Kpin , :lol: And a happy belated Bday to Matt
Tight Lines & Sharp Hooks
Kert Lavigne
Muskie Stalker
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

Looks like I have got another musky buddy to fish with.

Now get yourself set up for casting and let's go. Last Sunday was my 1st time casting for musky and I'll tell you it is a rush. We only saw one and it followed the figure 8 for about 30 seconds but casting for musky is a rush.

Happy shopping kpin.
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

Congrats on your first muskie dude!!..........no pics?!?! :)
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

Hey Kpin

It was a great day, all around :lol:

I have to say the look on Kpin's face when it was in the net was priceless.

Excitement-giddyness-total satisfaction all rolled up into one massive grin!!!! :D :wink:

I'll get some pics up tonight and I will send them to you Kpin.

Sure was a great day, thanks kpin.

Any time

Matt
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

thats a great report KPIN........ :P

great storys.thats what fishing is all about,,,,,,,, :wink:

nice to see that you got your first musky,,, :wink: ..are hook on musky fishing now,,,,,,, :o .

that what is this site is all about.people saying there fishing report..............................thanks a lot....kpin.

see you somwhere on shore or on water.....

joco
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Kpin.... :P

WELCOME TO THE CLUB! Ain't it grand?

Congrat's and can't wait to see the pictures. 36" is a great size, and I'd be more than happy to boat one just like it.

Now for your 2nd, you have to shoot for 37" or better. 8)

W.

PS: Happy Belated Bday MuskieMatt!!
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

MuskieStalker1 wrote:: And a happy belated Bday to Matt

Kert Lavigne
Muskie Stalker
Thank you!!
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

wolfe wrote: PS: Happy Belated Bday MuskieMatt!!
Thankyou!!

Matt
trexellunge
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by trexellunge »

Great job Kpin! Now you can join the club of addicted-demented musky wackos. Also a great job to Matt in helping Kpin land his first; it must be a good feeling and a nice birthday present in itself for having provided such a thrill. Maybe you found a part time career..... just remember not to take out too many "locals!" :roll:
MuskieStalker1
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MuskieStalker1 »

Hey who u calling addicted !!!!! :lol: :lol: I resemble that remark !!!!
Kert
Muskie Stalker
trexellunge
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by trexellunge »

Sorry Kert.....Obsessive, consumed, impelled, absorbed, compulsive, psychotically driven, self tortured and tormented.
MuskieStalker1
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MuskieStalker1 »

Ok thats better :lol: :lol:
Kert
Muskie Stalker
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

trexellunge wrote:Great job Kpin! Now you can join the club of addicted-demented musky wackos. Also a great job to Matt in helping Kpin land his first; it must be a good feeling and a nice birthday present in itself for having provided such a thrill. Maybe you found a part time career..... just remember not to take out too many "locals!" :roll:
It was as much a thrill for me as well, very happy to put him onto his first 'ski........as for a part time career???? NAW ...to much work,,,,I want to fish :lol: :lol: :wink:
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

trexellunge wrote:Sorry Kert.....Obsessive, consumed, impelled, absorbed, compulsive, psychotically driven, self tortured and tormented.
Have you been talking to my wife????? :lol: :lol: :lol: