8lb Pigeon L. Walleye! - Pics

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Slayingm
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

8lb Pigeon L. Walleye! - Pics

Post by Slayingm »

Now that the water temps have started to stabilize after turnover the Walleye (and Muskie and SM!!) have really started to chow down to put some fat on for the upcoming winter months. Some of the clients I have had out the past week or so have realized this as we have been into both numbers and some size on Walleye's fishing various Kawartha lakes. Here is pic of one of my guests with a beautiful Pigeon lake 8lb Walleye!.... this is the largest Walleye she has ever caught and tops the 7.2lb Walleye (my personal Pigeon best) I caught after 28 years fishing Pigeon! The fish was in Perfect condition and promptly released after a quick pic.

Other client's have got into mixed bags of really nice sized Walleye and SM. This pic is of a 4lb Kawartha Lake SM and matching Walleye both taken working some deeper Rock and Weed transitions with jigs last week.

Bucktail hair jigs in natural browns, black have accounted for a number of nice fish this fall as has white and smoke twister tails tipped with a 1" pieice of worm. The key is to work slow and make long casts parallel to the deeper edges where the weeds give way to the deeper water..... precision casting is key to getting bit. On the other extreme we have been getting good number of Walleye in 40+ft of water using small jigging spoons worked just off bottom. 1/4oz and 3/8oz spoons in firetiger, gold plate and silver/blue have all produced good fish.

We still have a few days of action before the season closes so get out there and experience some the years best action!!

Best of luck and Good Fish'n....Greg.
SteveO
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SteveO »

:D

Beautiful fish and photos. Those photos look like they belong in a magazine!
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Wow, that is a trophy walleye.

And as Steve mentioned, gorgeous pics, too. (Being pretty doesn't hurt in the 1st pic, either. :wink: )

How exciting for the young lady to land such an outstanding fish; I'm really pleased it was released. Thumbs up!

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Grimace
Participant
Participant

Post by Grimace »

Incredible pigeon lake walleye!!!

beauty gold colour
Pickerel Paul
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Pickerel Paul »

The fish are holding quite deep in 40'. I thought Pigeon Lake would be shallower.
matcole
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by matcole »

those are some nice fish!!!!!!