Quinte Report - The Next Bite (Update WFN Show Times)

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Quinte Report - The Next Bite (Update WFN Show Times)

Post by eye-tracker »

UPDATE
Just in time for walleye opener...
Show time on WFN (World Fishing Network Canada):
11:30 pm ET May 4th 2007 - Bay of Pigs: Quinte Fall Walleye.
Repeats through the week check WFN site for all show times.

Just returned home from a 7 day trip to Quinte and Merland Park. The fishing was absolutely amazing with many double and triples of 12 to 13 pound walleye. I have been looking forward to the trip all summer as I teamed up with Keith Kavajecz, Gary Parsons and Chase Parsons to fish and shoot a 'The Next Bite' TV show of trophy walleye on the famous Bay of Quinte.

Left to Right: Gary Parsons, Chase Parson, myself and Keith Kavajecz.

The shoot went great and Keith, Gary and Chase feel it is hands down one of the top trophy fisheries in North America. Chase caught his personal best walleye and could not believe the quality fishery we have in our back yard. On the Tuesday Shawn Hannah joined Gary and Chase in their Tracker TUNDRA 21 Team Edition and put on a clinic with a double and triple of 12 pounders in a single trolling pass. The bite was on fire and lots of big fish were landed, filmed, photographed and released.

Chase Parsons releasing another nice walleye.

During the TV shoot I was fishing with Keith and our boat managed to land an absolute Hawg, so you will have to watch the show when it airs next season on WFN in Canada. I will keep every one posted on the date and times.

It was fun to drive the 21 foot Tracker TUNDRAs everyday on my local waters with the Supercharged Mercury Verado 275. The boats produced an extremely quick, dry ride and would scoot along around 60 mph in 3 foot waves while handling like a dream.

Keith, Gary and Mark Boyd in Keith's Tracker TUNDRA.
.Image

On the Wednesday morning, the last day of the trip I managed to hook up with Chase and get out on the water together in his boat. This was my first chance to fish with Chase since our great day one performance at PWT Super Pro event in Houghton. We fished for only a few hours and managed to boat 9 walleye with a great double on our first pass.

Sheldon with a couple Quinte toads.

It was a fishing trip of a life time with some of the true icons in the Walleye fishing fraternity. I had a great time showing The Next Bite crew what Quinte is made of and how amazing the trophy fishery is. Nice to meet with Shawn Hannah again and having him join us for dinner and a day of fishing. I am looking forward to the television show and also meeting up to fish with Gary, Keith and Chase in the future.

-s
Last edited by eye-tracker on Wed May 02, 2007 5:56 am, edited 5 times in total.
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
Eli
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Eli »

awsome!
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

Hell of a report and experience Sheldon...

Luke
Cast-A-Way
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Cast-A-Way »

Great Job guy's

Very Nice Post
Smitty
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Great Report

Post by Smitty »

If anyone could treat them to a perfect fishing experience it would be Sheldon...this guy is one of the best - looks like he was in good company.

Smitty
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by JP »

Awsome report, great job Sheldon.
Cheers
JP
Smile, It's a good day on the water!!
dskrizzy
Participant
Participant

Post by dskrizzy »

:shock: Amazing, simply amazing...
Great job Sheldon!!!

Im sure the out of towners got a kick out of the HUGE walleye we have at the BOQ.

Im sure all those guys have heard and read about what we have in "our back yard", but nothing could prepare them for what they experienced.

Good on ya Sheldon!!!

Cheers,

Dennis[/i][/b]
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

.....outstanding!! :D :)
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
ynot
Participant
Participant

Post by ynot »

Nice 'eye's there!

Talk about an assualt team, those poor fish didn't stand a chance.

Good stuff guys!
Tony
ynot
Participant
Participant

Post by ynot »

Nice 'eye's there!

Talk about an assualt team, those poor fish didn't stand a chance.

Good stuff guys!
Tony
Erie-Eyes
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Erie-Eyes »

Congradulations Sheldon !!!! I can not imagine fishing with one of those Hall Of Famers, let alone three of them. I have followed their careers closely in various media presentations and consider them to be tops in the walleye fishing profession. A real chance of a lifetime - Well Done !!!
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

So Sheldon...when are you taking me on a fish trip on the BOQ...my personal best walleye is only 3.5lbs...a far cry from those mind you
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

That's why you're "Eye Tracker".

COOL!

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

Erie-Eyes wrote:Congradulations Sheldon !!!! I can not imagine fishing with one of those Hall Of Famers, let alone three of them. I have followed their careers closely in various media presentations and consider them to be tops in the walleye fishing profession. A real chance of a lifetime - Well Done !!!
Thanks E-E,

I was a little worried with them arriving as the bite the past few weeks has been 3 to 5 fish a day while working smaller cranks for the finicky biters. During their visit the fish really turned on after the big blow and that made for an excellent visit and fishing experience for the crew.
Once we figured out the pattern...these guys definitely knew what to do :wink: Great guys to share a boat with, they just love to get out on the water and catch fish like the rest of us.
-s
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
Pickerel Paul
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Pickerel Paul »

Wow!
Keith and Gary. They're the Fishing gods, right out of In-Fisherman magazine!