WOULD YOU KEEP A WORLD RECORD FISH.......?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

WOULD YOU KEEP A WORLD RECORD FISH.......?

Post by joco »

HI ALL

AFTER seeing that huge brooke trout,,,i was thinking, would have keept it or not.....

i have a hard time to say..... :? ..it will be a big desision to make at the moment.......live.

would you...........???????? keep a world record fish...wathever the species......musky....walleye....trout,,,crappy etc..... :?:

joco :?:
SCUBA_STEVE
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by SCUBA_STEVE »

hey joco!

you betcha wouldnt even have to think about it...would be already hanging on my wall :D

zort
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BBRich »

Deja Vu! I swear I've seen this exact question brought up somewhere else! :lol:

I wouldnt keep one. I'd be happier with a framed picture in my den and the thought that maybe someone else would catch her.. when she was even bigger!
getnjiggywithit
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by getnjiggywithit »

Hard to say I guess it would depend on what type of fish it was... Brookies don't live very long and that huge brookie would be lucky to live an other six months at best before it died of old age! Chances are it wouldn't live long enough to breed ever again :? Take lake trout or sturgeon for example that have really long lifespans and would continue to grow and breed then its a differant story... let em swim
muskymike
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by muskymike »

getnjiggywithit wrote:Hard to say I guess it would depend on what type of fish it was... Brookies don't live very long and that huge brookie would be lucky to live an other six months at best before it died of old age! Chances are it wouldn't live long enough to breed ever again :? Take lake trout or sturgeon for example that have really long lifespans and would continue to grow and breed then its a differant story... let em swim
Get alot of pics to make sure u got a good one and be happy u let him swim
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

I would get a replica made of it...Many pictures and measurements...IS that really the only way to have a world record fish is to keep it...After all people are doing to conserve our fisheries they still have such a barbarick ritual to use. I think that rule needs to be changed somehow.
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

I would get a replica made of it...Many pictures and measurements...IS that really the only way to have a world record fish is to keep it...After all people are doing to conserve our fisheries they still have such a barbarick ritual to use. I think that rule needs to be changed somehow.

ORWL
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

ORWL
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

.....ok dude......we get the point! :lol: :lol: :wink:

my answer .......no. I would take a bunch of pics and measurements and get a replica made. :)
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Sorry guys...I thought my computer froze and I hit the submit button a few too many times...Kinda like beer...you just can't have one.

ORWL
bassboy19
Participant
Participant

Post by bassboy19 »

it really is a tough call whether or not id keep a world record fish. the one conclusion i have come to is that id be less likely to keep a more "noble" fish like a laker or muskie than say a panfish, cat or carp...just my 2 cents

-bassboy-
SCUBA_STEVE
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by SCUBA_STEVE »

i guess i am the onnly one?that would keep a trophy fish??

or am i the only honest guy that would say i would :shock:

a great big walleye,musky,bass world record fish means big bucks,sorry guys greed takes over and to look at that fish everyday awsome,you catch that trophy fish world record and you let it go then someone else has a chance to beat you :? i wouldnt even think about it on the wall it goes after newspaper pics and maybe some sponsors out of it :D

zort(the greedy one)
Swamp-Donkey
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

record fish

Post by Swamp-Donkey »

Sure Zort, why dont u ask that O'brien guy(I think that was his name) the guy who caught the Canadian record muskie (65lbs) in the georgian bay area. Ask him how big his royalty and endorsement cheques are these days. His photos appeared on a few mags and newspapers maybe but a big payout.... NOT LIKELY. The tackle shop that sold him that little Rapala he used probably profitted more. Besides, if you were to catch a truely giant fish of record calibre.say for instance, a 64" muskie. A well documented, photographed and \or videoed live release would surely bring you fame and if your lucky maybe a small payout. The guys at In-Fisherman would jump all over that.

Theres No room for greed in this great sport. Think of what would happen if every guy that went fishing kept the largest of whatever species that they targeted because they thought it MIGHT be a record
Swamp-Donkey
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

record fish

Post by Swamp-Donkey »

Sure Zort, why dont u ask that O'brien guy(I think that was his name) the guy who caught the Canadian record muskie (65lbs) in the georgian bay area. Ask him how big his royalty and endorsement cheques are these days. His photos appeared on a few mags and newspapers maybe but a big payout.... NOT LIKELY. The tackle shop that sold him that little Rapala he used probably profitted more. Besides, if you were to catch a truely giant fish of record calibre.say for instance, a 64" muskie. A well documented, photographed and \or videoed live release would surely bring you fame and if your lucky maybe a small payout. The guys at In-Fisherman would jump all over that.

Theres No room for greed in this great sport. Think of what would happen if every guy that went fishing kept the largest of whatever species that they targeted because they thought it MIGHT be a record
bassboy19
Participant
Participant

Post by bassboy19 »

true say